CIA controls drug supplies in the U.S. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I read somewhere that supposedly the CIA controlled to some extent, the illegal drug supplies/suppliers in the U.S., I don't know whether it is true or not but it did get me thinking, ethically that is.

For the sake of argument only, let's assume that the CIA does control much of the illicit drug trade in the United States.

It's the law of supply and demand, if people didn't want to put junk in their bodies there would be no drug dealers. The problem is not keeping the drugs out but getting people to realize that it's better not to use them or to have better things to do with themselves, since this is impossible to achieve I think the most important aspect of the drug trade would be who controls it.

If you live in the U.S. and you buy cocaine, a lot of it comes from South America and a lot of Heroin comes from Asia (I think some comes from Mexico also) There is evidence that shows that Guerrilla, terror, (N. Korea has also been implicated) groups have used drug sales to fund their revolutions/wars political aspirations that are opposite the USAs interests, and many that are just making a buck while we destroy ourselves. If the CIA could either cut them out of the picture entirely or severely diminish their role would it be so bad if the CIA actually controlled the drug supply into the United States? Proceeds that could be used to fund many other projects like anti-drug education (which to me is a waste) anti-drug interdiction against those that aren't playing on our side and other projects. Drugs will get here no matter who supplies them and they aren't going away, we might as well control them as much as possible. Ethically I believe it to be wrong but what other options have actually worked?

Gangs will peddle dope, neighborhoods will still be ruined people will still commit crimes to get dope or because they are on it no matter who controls the dope, we might as well get some benifit out of it.
The homegrown methlabs are another story.
By Al Khabir
If people want to poison themselves, let them. Just make sure that the tenth fix is deadly- that will stop them. Assuming teh CIA controls the drug trade, why should teh American government stop tehm? They are at least bringing in funds, whereas south American drug lords simply steal the money- except for FARC. It would explain why the CIA hate them so much- cutting in on their trade.
By Enigmatic
Hmmm... the capitalist ideology America is founded on kinda suggests goods supplied to meet demand should be the produce of individual entrepreneurs competing on price and quality, not those of a secretive centralised organisation controlling imports and killing competitors.
By Al Khabir
True, but then when has ideology ever got in the way of shadowy government organisations? Perhaps only the CIA are taking part, and the government does not know about it.
By Nox
I am tired of you America haters blaming the CIA.

I know for a fact (my garbage collector told me, and he knows because he read it on a memo he found) that MI-5 is the real villian in the drug trade.

Nox
By Al Khabir
read teh posts Nox- the whole situation is hypothetical- although I would not put it past the MI5...
By Nox
Al Khabir wrote:read teh posts Nox-

Can you say the word ... JOKE?

Nox
By Al Khabir
Sorry- it greatly annoys me when people do that!

The ICJ just issued arrest warrants for Israeli an[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 20, Monday Embattled Allied forces find a ne[…]

And all the other states with Dem governors, and […]

@Unthinking Majority I agree that the proteste[…]