Yuan appreciation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues in the People's Republic of China.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By whl626
Do you think Bush can successfully press the Chinese leader to appreciate its Yuan value in the APEC meeting ?
By Efrem Da King
I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, could you please post a source?
By whl626
Yuan is the currency in China :). Bush is eager to find scapegoat for his economic policy. Putting the blame on China about their currency peg with the greenback. He tried to pressure Hu of China at the APEC meeting but Hu didn't seem to budge at his condemnation.
By Efrem Da King
Yup I knew what a yuan was, that helps so lets see, bush is trying to make the chinese do something that will help his economy?
By Nox
whl626 wrote:Do you think Bush can successfully press the Chinese leader to appreciate its Yuan value in the APEC meeting ?

In a word ... NO.

That would be economic suicide for the Chinese. It is akin to asking the EU to up the value of the Euro. Just ain't gonna happen ... but that doesn't mean that President Bush won't try. It just means he won't be successful.

Nox
By whl626
It is an uphill task for him since not many countries are on his side but only a fraction of local manufacturers which are bearing the brunt of foreign competition.
Nox wrote:
In a word ... NO.

That would be economic suicide for the Chinese. It is akin to asking the EU to up the value of the Euro. Just ain't gonna happen ... but that doesn't mean that President Bush won't try. It just means he won't be successful.

Nox

On this I agree 100% [i

Definate NO. Even tho the Chinese will trot out a lot
of rhetoric about looking into it - I don't think they'll
even compromise with incremental adjustments anytime
in the immediate future.

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]

The GOP is pretty much the anti-democracy party a[…]

I just read a few satires by Juvenal, and I still[…]