Communist Constitution - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Workers of the world, unite! Then argue about Trotsky and Stalin for all eternity...
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By AFAIK
If there were a revolution in your country tomorrow what amendments and clauses would you like to see enacted in the new constitution?
I’m not a communist and the UK doesn’t have a constitution but here are some reforms I would like to enact.

-It is illegal to offer any type of gift to a politician whilst he or she is in office or campaigning for office. It is also illegal for a politician to fail to report such offers to the relevant authorities.
-It is illegal for a politician to offer any type of gift to anyone whilst in office or whilst running for office.
-All political campaigns will be publicly financed. Third party contributions are illegal.
-All third party political campaigning has to explicitly state who produced it and who funded it.
-Media that has a finite spectrum such as FM radio will be rationed in the following manner: 33.3% reserved for the state, 33.3% reserved for communities and civil society, 33.3% reserved for the private sector.
-Police cannot detain, arrest or question anyone without probable cause. Police cannot hold anyone for more than one week without charges.
-4th amendment (USA) will apply to all forms of communication.

I’d also like to consider abolishing patents and copyright and institute public financing of R&D, innovation and the arts. Whilst I’m comfortable with limited, short-term IP protections it is clear that they will be abused. The USA’s original constitution allowed monopoly pricing rights to copyrighted material for 17 years. Today copyright is guaranteed for life plus 90 years so people who were not even alive when the content was created are born into a rentier class and can censor fan fiction and other storytelling.
I’d also mimic some of Switzerland’s participatory democracy and allow regular referenda be held if activists can provide a petition that reaches a certain threshold. The number of signatures equaling 5% of the total population for example.

The federated soviet system with recall powers is also appealing although I don’t oppose private ownership of MOP so I don’t know how this would work.
I would like to see democratisation of workplaces but I’m not comfortable going so far as to eliminate all private ownership. I’d grant employees the vote after a certain period of sustained employment (6 months or 1year) and they’d gain more voting power the longer they were employed. It would also vary depending on the number of hours worked per week. The founder of the company and early investors would have a significant block of votes to reward their initial risk.
I shall put forward my ideas on the basis that those who read appreciate that I do so under the impression that my political philosophy had already attained political ascendency. I don't believe that the constitution, or the courts, can determine the political base of a society; this must be transformed from without.

Here would be my principal points of constitution:

"All men are, hereby, guaranteed the right to shelter and basic provisions necessary for their survival."

"All men are, hereby, guaranteed the right to an education in the English language and mathematics."

"All men are, hereby, guaranteed the right to a fair trial on any criminal charge levelled against them."

As for the structure of the state, I'd leave a lot of it up to the public will. Otherwise, I'd have these things as paramount:

"The means of production held within the historical boundaries of England, and all profits generated there-from, are held to be property of the state."

"A federation of all existing trade guilds, unions and syndicates is, hereby, formed as a centre of authority and executive power; a constitutional convention of its participants is, also hereby, called to negotiate its exact structure."

"The English nation is, hereby, recognised as a historical fact; all state legitimacy ultimately flows forth from its approval."
Cromwell wrote:I shall put forward my ideas on the basis that those who read appreciate that I do so under the impression that my political philosophy had already attained political ascendency. I don't believe that the constitution, or the courts, can determine the political base of a society; this must be transformed from without.

Here would be my principal points of constitution:

"All men are, hereby, guaranteed the right to shelter and basic provisions necessary for their survival."

"All men are, hereby, guaranteed the right to an education in the English language and mathematics."

"All men are, hereby, guaranteed the right to a fair trial on any criminal charge levelled against them."

As for the structure of the state, I'd leave a lot of it up to the public will. Otherwise, I'd have these things as paramount:

"The means of production held within the historical boundaries of England, and all profits generated there-from, are held to be property of the state."

"A federation of all existing trade guilds, unions and syndicates is, hereby, formed as a centre of authority and executive power; a constitutional convention of its participants is, also hereby, called to negotiate its exact structure."

"The English nation is, hereby, recognised as a historical fact; all state legitimacy ultimately flows forth from its approval."

I'm curious about the next to last statement. Would you permit private corporations, and what would their political status be?
quetzalcoatl wrote:I'm curious about the next to last statement. Would you permit private corporations, and what would their political status be?

That's a bridge I'd rather cross when I came to it. As it stands, I don't like the sound of any economic organisation which is not controlled by a workers' democracy. I recognise, however, that as time goes on; the role of the self-employed will likely continue to expand.

And , with reports reaching all the way to such c[…]

Source The chief prosecutor of the internation[…]

@FiveofSwords If your jolly Jack Tars were th[…]

@Puffer Fish White males who opt not to go to […]