Far Left User-group - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By Ambroise
KurtFF8 wrote:
You're quite clearly not a leftist, so why would a leftist group accept you as secretary, let alone membership in the first place?

We have accepted at least one non-leftist liberal, but he had the redeeming qualities of being somewhat open-minded, curious, polite, and not being a completely antagonistic troll.
By KurtFF8
Ambroise wrote:We have accepted at least one non-leftist liberal, but he had the redeeming qualities of being somewhat open-minded, curious, polite, and not being a completely antagonistic troll.

Social_critic however is an anti-Communist who for example constantly describes Cuba as "fascist." I don't understand why he would even want to be in the group, but more importantly, I don't understand why the group would invite him.
By Ambroise
Yup. Demos has already sensibly rejected him on page one. I am familiar with S_C's history; I was trying to nicely tell S_C that if he wasn't so completely antagonistic and trollsome towards us, then he might not have been so swiftly rejected. I don't think Carter is a leftist either, but at least he is someone that might actually approach this politely, and he might actually attempt to have a conversation with us with an open mind. S_C, on the other hand, has a history of throwing empty right-wing rhetoric and slogans at us, through troll threads (such as 'Marxism is not the answer'), and he seems more apt to pontificate at us about his dubious personal experiences under Communist rule and around the world than to actually engage in a dialogue with us -- not really an exception-warranting case.
Where do I or can I stand in this organization?
The Clockwork Rat wrote:Under the heel.

Rather than fret eternally about joining the ruling far-left PoFo private club where comrade Stal... erm, ingliz has internal privates dossiers on all of you, I strongly suggest all members seeking discussion of whatever private topic they prefer simply organize on the site a little and form your own club.

ANY two pofo supporters may come together to help form the club, and from there any other regular users may join as everyone agrees. WHo knows, depending on the members and the club involved I might even trade support for something to a respected member in order to help them get their club off the ground.

The point of the clubs, at least as far as my personal interest is concerned, is to be able to talk about ideas/topics in a friendly environment. Naturally even this depends on the preset goal/topic of the private club. I had considered a Hockey club, for instance, but in looking at the membership most of the old fan base has left or posts too infrequently to get it off the ground.

Still, a club can form on any premise that is legal to discuss on the site.
By mikema63
No worries, we're working on a "gulag forum" soon enough that opponents of the revolution will be restricted to

Is this club turning into (the nonexistent) revleft?

Otherwise, I would like in.
By fuser
damn. Yes I missed that, so have you yet chosen what shade of red you are? you are never a true leftist without engaging in some gruelling sectarianism.
By mikema63
so have you yet chosen what shade of red you are?

I decided to make my own shade, that way I can enjoy even more sectarianism!
By fuser
slybaldguy wrote: pick me pick me

for our unethical biological weapon testing programs?

Mike wrote:I decided to make my own shade, that way I can enjoy even more sectarianism!

That smells of individualism. You need some serious purging.
By AFAIK
What's it like interacting in a gated community within a privately owned message board?
Feels good, doesn't it !

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]