2 Stroke Engines - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By ZenWilsonian
I was thinking about trabis some hours ago, and I have known for ages how 4 stroke engines work, but I have never known how 2 strokes work. How does an engine work with only 2 strokes :?:
By Jon
Basically, you get the compression and explosion on the upstroke, and the explosion and exhaust on the down.
By Yoni
Basically, both ends of the 2-stroke piston are used for various bits of sucking and blowing. Of course, that means that the fuel comes into conteact with the crankshaft, so it must have an oil additive. But there's not much to go wrong.

Google it.
By jpyy
I used to have a moped when I was 15 that was a 2-stroke and man it was easy to tune. I changed the cylinder on it in less than half an hour once and I changed the exhausts once on a break in school...
It wen't like a rocket 75km/h, ( legal speed for mopeds 45 km/h )

The Cons of 2-stroke engines is that they are very thursty this being caused by that every time the pistons goes up it gives a spark, and also they have very bad low down torque you have to rev them like hell...
By unbalanced zealot
2 stroke motorbikes always needed added oil and
they're less reliable and also there has been with
me this constant headfuck of spark plugs oiling up.

On the otherhand they provide wicked torque and
riding a 2 stroke in the powerband zone is
mega fun.
Last edited by unbalanced zealot on 25 Nov 2003 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
By 'Cesca
Last edited by 'Cesca on 19 Dec 2003 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
By jpyy
2 stokes smell to and sound awful. But miines reliable as anything.

Ok confession I have a 2 stroke 125cc motorbike. Well I am learning I have to have one. Soon as I pass my biketest a proper 4 stroke I will have. Though I am very fond of mine, even If I just crashed it again and broke yet another mirror

There's nothing like the smell of a 2-stroke in the morning...
They smell absolutely wonderful...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM […]

So yeah...just read them and you will see the sa[…]

Great news for Mexico! Congratulations, @Tainari8[…]