How far can you go on a tank? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

No snarky answers about not having a car please.

I have a 1984 Mercedes 190-e, which is a lovely car that has withstood the test of time very well (minus an electrical problem we can't nail down)... unfortunately, like any 25 year old car would, it isn't exactly cutting edge on MPG.

My last refill, I started checking the milage. So far, 200 miles on 12 gallons, with about 20% of the tank left, which works out to ~18 MPG... though my MPG is a bit skewed because I love rapid acceleration. I think I could go 250 miles on a tank.

Unfortunately, California has the strictest standards in the US on emissions... I barely scraped by my last smog check, and I don't think my baby will pass the next one. I've had this car for 13 years... gonna be sad when it goes out to the scrap yard.
By sploop!
I have a 1998 Nissan Micra. I hammer it everywhere, and get 45mpg day in, and day out. I cover 15,000 - 20,000 miles a year, and change the oil and filter every 8,000 miles, air-filter every 20,000. In the time I have had it, I have more than doubled the mileage from 30,000 to 70,000. In that time I have had to replace the cv boots once, front brake pads three times and a couple of bulbs. It's one of the worst handling small cars you can imagine, but I keep the tyres at the pressure recommended for 4 occupants to make it as solid as possible, and if I am in a hurry, drift it round corners rather than trying to drive it round. Acceleration is adequate, but obviously not remarkable, and the speed limit in the UK is 60mph anyway, so lack of performance is not really a problem. Funnily enough, I really like the car. It's cute, cuter than the later versions, and characterful. The horn is very loud and it is mega-reliable.

Oops! Almost missed the point. From full to empty is 30litres/300 miles.
By Notorious B.i.G.
I've gotten our Ford Focus down to 8.9l per 100km. I thought that was impressive, give that I love to floor the thing! Lots of freeway driving I guess. I've gotten about 550km on one tank. The range limit on the car was zero when I refilled it.
By Notorious B.i.G.
I've filled up my tank, reset the average full consumption and am going to take the challange!
I'm hoping for 8.5lt per 100km mixed city/freeway driving. That should get me 647km in the Ford Focus.
By Oxymoron
My car is about 5 miles per burger, the only thing is my Left "Tire" got blisters yesterday. :hmm:
By guzzipat
My bike goes about 120-130 miles on a tank, about 46-50 miles per gallon, small tank.

The car holds about 35-40 ltrs of diesel and also does 46-50 MPG. I have never been far enough on one trip to check its range. I would guess close to 400 miles.
I couldn't stand the boredom of such a long car ride. All trips over 50 miles are normally by bike.
By Todd D.
I get about 320-390 per tank, roughly 13.5 gallons.

Well my ancestry goes back centuries in the south[…]

Note that my argument does not centre around not[…]

In order for me to believe someone is being sarca[…]

This morning, International Criminal Court Prosec[…]