Technocracies flaws - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By SpiderMonkey
I've been looking into technocracy and I've come across a few things which would seem to be fatal flaws.

* Technocracy seems to require a dictatorship to work - and therefore will give in to human weakness like any other system that concentrates power in the hands of a few individuals.

* There is no given method to get from the current price system to Technocracy (as far as I can tell).

* Standardisation to the extent advocated by Technocracy would eliminate freedom of choice. People would not be able to live in the houses they want or wear the clothes they want. You'ld have a very prosperous life - but a prosperous life the same as everybody elses

Sorry if these problems have been addressed by Technocracy already, I have only just started learning about it
By Mark
SpiderMonkey wrote:I've been looking into technocracy and I've come across a few things which would seem to be fatal flaws.

* Technocracy seems to require a dictatorship to work - and therefore will give in to human weakness like any other system that concentrates power in the hands of a few individuals.

No- the government will be split into Technical and Democratic- so, yes, the means of production are in the hands of unelected individuals, but there is no way for them to 'dictate' because they don't legislate. They just maintain the economy...much like our Bank of England (if i understand right).
* There is no given method to get from the current price system to Technocracy (as far as I can tell).

I always thought they'd just bring the infrastructure up to scratch, then implement the Energy Accounting system. Not sure though.

* Standardisation to the extent advocated by Technocracy would eliminate freedom of choice. People would not be able to live in the houses they want or wear the clothes they want. You'ld have a very prosperous life - but a prosperous life the same as everybody elses

You'd have the same amount as everyone else, but your personal tastes would be catered to by the system, I believe, to a degree. IE if enough people started wanting scooters instead of cars, scooter production would be implemented in line with demand.

Kolzene will probably come along and correct me, so don't take this as correct anyway.

@FiveofSwords Nobody has said everyone is whit[…]

China works with Russia, and both are part of BRI[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://x.com/i/status/1791406694175510965 https:[…]

Narva city removed Muscovite colonial natives from[…]