The Magi - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Proctor
Kolzene, I'm not sure if you're still around, but I'm going to post this anyways.

In the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, there is a city called Tokyo-3. In one of the episodes, an election is being held for the City Council, and one of the characters comments on how politicians don't do anything these days, everything is decided by the Magi. The Magi (named after the three wise men of the east), are Belthasar, Casper, and Melchior, and each has been programmed slightly differently to give variation in their results. They are fed a set of information, and they give a percentage value of every possible outcome. It is then a 'democracy of sorts', as the decision is made by two supercomputers agreeing on what should be done.

Tell me, in Technocracy, could you visualise a similar system?
By A_Technocrat
Kolzene is busy these days, but I’ll inform him that there is a question for him.

For the sake of discussion I’ll post what I envision in relation to what you posted.

Under a Technocracy, politicians would be eliminated and replaced by technical officials that make the technate operate. Every decision, which relates to the actual operation of the technate, would be made by these technical officials. But this group would not just consist of ‘three wise men”. It would consist of thousands even millions of people that are needed to operate the technate. Decisions that can affect every industry will be made by those on top (ie: a continental director) and decisions that pertain to the tasks to carry out these decisions from the top will be made by the individuals and groups carrying them out.

As well, the technate will be run by people for people. Not by some supercomputers or a small minority.

Although, if computers become more powerful than the human brain maybe the situation in a technate (as with any other system that has it) will be more like what you posted.

You can't even provide a coherent biological defi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Winston Churchill was one of Russia's great supp[…]

Legal Analysis by University Network for HumanRigh[…]

@annatar1914 That video of the Black Sun is abou[…]