Purchasing Power and Energy Abundance - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The solving of mankind’s problems and abolition of government via technological solutions alone.

Moderator: Kolzene

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
In Energy Accounting, all citizens have the same purchasing power - the total available energy during a given time frame equally divided amount the total number of citizens.

What regulates the supply of energy, not in the technical sense but the ability to produce more?

Under the Price System, energy supplies are a commodity and limited profitability. Remove profitably and the restriction that it imposes, and the ability to increase the supply of energy changes. Plans and designs, from mundane to radical, for power generation that were once unprofitable now become possible.

If the supply of energy is increased, then purchasing power is increased in Energy Account (assume there is no massive increase in the population).

What methods would be used to stop rapid economic growth similar to a over heated economy in the Price System?
By A_Technocrat
What regulates the supply of energy, not in the technical sense but the ability to produce more?

Energy accounting regulates the supply of energy by measuring the demand for energy and thus creates a balance. But getting closer to your question, I believe that an energy production sequence would regulate the energy production based on what is demanded by the technate. The energy produced would match the demand, no more or no less.

Hopefully, this is a good answer. Of course Kolzene will post to correct me or add to it.

What methods would be used to stop rapid economic growth similar to a over heated economy in the Price System?

Technocracy goes by the theory that people (individuals) can only consume so much. The technate only needs enough energy to keep itself operating (this includes its citizens and upgrades for long term operation). Once this abundance and the goals are fulfilled, the technate will not produce anymore. In contrast, a price system needs to keep growing and growing. Or else, who will invest their money in it.
By Proctor
This made me think of a new question. A car costs a lot of money, and would similarly cost a lot of energy credits. It would not be possible to purchase a car without saving your credits for some time beforehand. If your salary in credits is constantly fluctuating based on how much other people spent in the previous week, how will you be able to budget effectively?
By A_Technocrat
A car costs a lot of money, and would similarly cost a lot of energy credits. It would not be possible to purchase a car without saving your credits for some time beforehand.

I could answer this question, but only Kolzene can do this justice. :lol:

@FiveofSwords You have said: 1. Jews are the[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]