2013 World Baseball Classic - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

The 2013 WBC has actually started this week with the addition of a qualifying round which expands the field from 16 teams to 28.

South Africa, Israel, France, Spain, Canada, Great Britain, Germany, and the Czech Republic are competing this week. Panama, Brazil, Columbia, Nicaragua, Thailand, the Phillipines, New Zealand, and Chinese Taipei will play in November.

The qualifying rounds will run through November, with the finals taking place beginning in March 2013.
The 2013 WBC goes into full swing this weekend!

http://web.worldbaseballclassic.com/index.jsp

Today kicks things off with a contest between Australia and Taipei.

Tomorrow we have:
Japan vs. Brazil
Korea vs. Netherlands
Cuba vs. Brazil
Rancid wrote:Why are you leaving out the Dominican Republic?

Fucking racist.

They weren't playing that day, and I've neglected to update the thread since. The DR is a heavy favorite, although as I speak they're trailing the surprising Italian team 4-1 in the 5th inning.

In other action today, Japan knocked off the Netherlands 10-6, and Puerto Rico takes on the US tonight.
I stopped watching when Canada lost to U.S. late in the game.

Japan probably gonna get the Threepeat.
Rancid wrote:The Dominican will see to it that doesn't happen.

It was Puerto Rico who saw to it that didn't happen, beating Japan 3-1 on Sunday. But the DR could become the first WBC undefeated champion; they knocked off the Netherlands last night to gain a spot in the final.

So, it's the Dominican versus Puerto Rico tonight for the title!
It did indeed! The first team to go through the tournament undefeated.
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will do[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]