NHL 2013 Season - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Captain Sam
The Rangers said they're not going to buy Brad Richards out.

Cory Schneider is on the trading block.

Nathan Horton is confirmed as a free agent.

The Coyotes being relocated this off-season is almost guarantee'd as there's no sign of a deal being reached between Glendale and the NHL.

This is going to be the best off-season ever.
By Demosthenes
I have to admit it's shaping up to be pretty good.
By Demosthenes
Sean Morin, really?

The Flyers suck at drafting.

Holmgren must go. All 70s era Flyers in the organization must go.

FFS people, even if you like the guy you could have likely gotten him in the second round or at the least traded down and added extra picks.

Drafting 101.
By Captain Sam
Morin was listed as most likely being drafted in the 2nd round.

Schneider is worth more than just a 9th overall pick.

Leafs acquired Chicago's Dave Bolland for a few picks.
By Demosthenes
Captain Sam wrote:Morin was listed as most likely being drafted in the 2nd round.

Yeah, and then value in the second for Hagg, but a freakin goon-boy in the third. Flyernation sucks.

Captain Sam wrote:Schneider is worth more than just a 9th overall pick.

God Damn Devils. I hate 'em I hate 'em I hate 'em.
By Captain Sam
I thought Philly needed d-men and goaltending. Why would Philly buyout an aging forward only to sign another, especially a centre when they already have 6 (now 7) of them? The Flyers have no more cap space once again.

There are quite a few teams that are short on centres and really needed Lecavalier.

After a 4-3 vote, Glendale decided to keep the Coyotes, but will be paying $15 million a year to subsidize them.
By Demosthenes
Captain Sam wrote:I thought Philly needed d-men and goaltending. Why would Philly buyout an aging forward only to sign another, especially a centre when they already have 6 (now 7) of them? The Flyers have no more cap space once again.

Clearly the Flyers had a great need to fill the Briere void.

Supposedly there are more moves coming. Not sure how that amounts to more D-Men. Word in Philly media is that Coburn is off to either Edmonton for one of their goalies, or Calgary for ...draft picks or something. Beyond that it's 40 year old Hockey again.
By Demosthenes
Brio wrote:Wow, Philly got Lecalvlier.

Demo, thoughts?

Well, aside from the fact that we really need Defense, I love this signing. 5 years is a bit long, but he's got a ring and seems to me to be a great compliment to Giroux. Many in the Philly media are whining about signing another old guy but too me this is the kind of old guy you want to sign. Pronger was 36-37 when he signed. Vinny is 33. That's a pretty big difference.

Plus for all the babble about tailing off he's been a .84 pt/game player and last year he sat right at .82/game.

The problem seems to me to be that the Philly media just doesn't know when signing older players is bad and when it isn't.
By Captain Sam
Ilya Kovalchuk retires at 30 so he can go play in the KHL (where he's expected to make $10+ million a season). New Jersey will not be getting their 2014 1st round pick back.
World War II Day by Day

May 23, Thursday Fascists detained under defense[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

War or no war? China holds military drills around[…]

Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]