NFL playoffs: 2004 Season - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By repr0bate
Aren't taverns only found in the Middle Ages? Does this one serve mead?
By briansmith
No repr0bate, they still exist, but there's no reason to get a cheesesteak from a tavern. There are dedicated cheesesteak places around, and most pizza places sell cheesesteaks too. And I only know of one tavern in Philadelphia.
By repr0bate
Ok fair enough. Next question: What the hell is a cheesesteak? It actually sounds pretty tasty...
By briansmith
Thinly-sliced beef chopped up and put on a long roll with Cheese Whiz (traditionally, but you can get them with just about any kind of cheese you want) and usually fried onions.

Philadelphia tradition. For someone like me who was born in this area and has spent a lot of time here, moving elsewhere in the country where they don't have these or know what they are is sometimes difficult. The same thing goes with hoagies, which are more or less just submarine sandwiches.
By repr0bate
That looks like a culinary masterpeice. Meat + Cheese = Impossible to go wrong. No joke. If I'm ever in Philadelphia I'm gonna be sure to try one.
By Flopflipper
hey it is meat+cheese+BREAD!= Cheese steak

The year before last I visited Philly and I had to get a cheesesteak (and it was good) Tho i would trade it for wisconsin brats and fried cheese curds. anyday.

My heart wants Philly to win, but I know Pats are probly going to make it a 3-peat.

You hear there is talk of renaming the trophy "The Belichick Trophey" in the potetional honor of his playoff record? It was named after Vince's death in his honor. It is almost sacriligious
By Kylie
TSaler- I have to agree about Ben Roethlisberger. However, it's also fortunate that he is just a rookie, and he has his whole career ahead of him and think of the great things he will be able to accomplish.

Cheesesteaks...YUM! I recommend Pat's Cheesesteaks if you are going to get a cheesesteak from Philly! :)!
By Khenlein
Its good to be a Patriots fan ,,,hell,,,, at the moment its good to be a fan of New England Sports.

To do what the Patriots are doing in the era of parity and free agency,,, its a whole new kind of domination, a whole new kind of dynasty.

As someone who suffered through 5-11 seasons,,and SCOTT FUCKING ZOLAK, while too many ofmy classmates were donning Dallas and San Francisco Jerseys (I, for the record, had a Bruce Armstrong,,,and Drew Bledsoe, after he was drafted). Its nice to be on the other side of things,

Also, anyone around the country who all of a sudden sees people walking around in Patriots jerseys (east of the Hudson that is,). Do me a favor and kick them in the nuts/ovaries. Bandwagoners blow.
By briansmith
As someone who suffered through 5-11 seasons,,and SCOTT FUCKING ZOLAK, while too many ofmy classmates were donning Dallas and San Francisco Jerseys (I, for the record, had a Bruce Armstrong,,,and Drew Bledsoe, after he was drafted). Its nice to be on the other side of things,

I forgot entirely about the existence of Scott Zolak. Thanks for reminding me. :hmm: :lol:
By Goranhammer
I made sure I had a cheesesteak or 3 when I went to Philly a few years back. That vacation I went all over the east coast and visited every major city with the exception of Washington D.C., which I wasn't sure I wanted to visit.

I live several miles away from the 2nd largest per-capita murder capital of the nation. I felt uneasy going to the only city that can beat it in that category.

Philly was a spectacle. Boston was a blast. New York was...well...noisy and stuffy.
By Khenlein
Can you believe Scott Zolak is now a cohost on Rhode Islands largest Sports Radio Station? As well as Fox Sports New England.

Now I get to hear him draw on his 'prolific ' football knowledge, and watch his giant, helmet crushing head, on television. :knife:

Thank God the Patriots are doing what they're doing, else the words spewing from his melon would be unbearable.
By briansmith
I can believe it, Khenlein. A lot of people who have no business on television are there. Look at Jim Rome, for example.
By uglygoat
hahhaha

best ever is when jim everet went after rome on espn...

rome kept calling him cris the tennis player, and everet says, call me cris one more time and i'll pound you..

rome goes.. ok... cris, and everet flips the table over and procedes to choke him while rome cried like a little girl...

:lol:
By briansmith
That is the exact incident I was thinking of, t1master. It's a shame Everett didn't kill him then and there. It would have done us all a huge favor.
By Goranhammer
That was Rome in the notorious Everett interview? I thought it was Roy Firestone.

And I happen to love Jim Rome. I watch Rome is Burning every week.
By briansmith
Roy Firestone would never say something like that. It was Jim Rome, and shame on you for watching his show.
By Todd D.
It was definitely Rome, you can find the clip at ebaumsworld here
By Demosthenes
I had a guest at the hotel I work for check in, whose name was Jim Everitt. He was an older gentleman, so I assumed he might be familiar with this very inncident, so I half seriously asked, "You're not THE Jim Everitt are you?"

The man just gave me a blank look like I was some dumbass hotel clerk bothering him with an inane question. Trying to save face I explained the event that had transpired, and shared that I like J.E. for that, as Jim Rome is a total Putz...The guy gave me the courtesy laugh, took his room key and left without a word...Oh well, non sports fans are dumbasses anyway...

This discussion just goes to validate my faith in the event, and the fact that though your average sports fan is a little geeky, they are still far aand away better than the non-sports fan... :knife:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By briansmith
they are still far aand away better than the non-sports fan...

"Football sucks, and so does this thread."

As you point out, consciously knowing everything […]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]