1st POFO NFL Playoff Pick-Em - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

So technically, unless the guys with 20 points make any big mistakes, the others are already out of the running?
you need to pick your Super Bowl matchup
So the bet is for the match up, the win or both?
So I'm stuck with 10 points? So basically whoever has all their points at the end wins?

There are still 6 games before the bowl, why worry about early leaders? I will bet 5 on each of the next games and max bet the bowl, assuming I still have the points to do so.

Anyone can use this if they wish.

Oh you big bunch of weenies! :lol:

No one is out of anything. Damn... I bet horribly that time. I had far too much faith in Atlanta over the )&*()&()^ Giants.

Regardless, We have 7 more games to go, and that is a max of 70 pts to be had. It ain't even close to over yet. I have faith in the leader's abilities to mess up! ;)

For this round:

GB 10 pts over NYG
SF 1 pt over NO

NE 5 pts over Den
BAL 4 pts over HOU

Also, Pts allowed and differentials are still completely in play in every way. Pittsburgh was only one of the three top defenses out there. San Francisco and Baltimore are still up there right now. (Not to mention the three top Offenses) The first week in the NFL is very preliminary as the four best teams don't even play.

This week is the week that the men get separated from the boys.
New Orleans @ San Francisco - 2 points San Francisco.

Denver @ New England - 2 points Denver.

Houston @ Baltimore - 4 points Baltimore.

NYGiants @ Green Bay - 2 points NY Giants.

:|

Demo, aren't you over your limit? :eh:
No. I told RG this would confuse the Americans.

There are 20 pts per round guys. 20 pts. I'm assuming it will be 10 pts for the Championship games, and 5 for the Super Bowl.

You can average bet it all, at 5 apiece, or spread em out however. I spent the last page sorting that out, you know! ;)
New Orleans @ San Francisco - 5 points San Francisco.

Denver @ New England - 2 points Denver.

Houston @ Baltimore - 10 points Baltimore.

NYGiants @ Green Bay - 3 points NY Giants.
New Orleans @ San Francisco - 4 points New Orleans.

Denver @ New England - 6 points Denver.

Houston @ Baltimore - 2 points Baltimore.

NYGiants @ Green Bay - 8 points Green Bay.

Edit: Fixed an error that would have negated my initial Superbowl prediction . :D
Last edited by Godstud on 10 Jan 2012 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
New England over Denver - 10 points
Baltimore over Houston - 4 points
San Francisco over New Orleans - 1 point
Green Bay over New York Giants - 5 points
Dem covered it nicely, I don't know why it's that confusing. In the other 16 player pick em everyone picks scores for each game and they
receive 50% bonus for getting the scores right, so if they bet say 5 on a game AND got the score right, they'd get 2.5

Only one guy got a score right, he got the Saints game right and had 10 points so ended up making 15.

I made it easier for us and still there's confusion, but okay, I'll run it down again off my initial post in the OP:

20 points to spend every playoff round ( There are 4 )
Maximum 10 on one game, minimum 1 on each

You get 20 points every playoff round. You can make up to 20 points or make no points. You can spread your points out or make large bets. The max is 10 so nobody can just throw 20 on one game. So the max is 10 on one game and you can go as high as 8 on another, so if you're certain on two games, you can put 18 on those two and just 1 measly point on the other two.

Honestly if you want, just look at it as getting 20 chips per round to deal with. You have to risk them or you get nothing at all kind of deal.

So for example, you get 4 playoff games, you can bet up to 10 points on the outcome of one.

Basically what I already said.

In the Super Bowl, since there's only one game, you bet 10 points on the winning team and 10 points on the game's MVP.

So the total is 20 points every single round, the Super Bowl is 10 for the game, so in this case, everyone bets 10 on the matchup and everyone bets 10 on the Game's MVP, which is the biggest wildcard in the whole pickem.

In the Conference Championship, each game is also equally 10 points each.

SO, to clarify, the first two rounds are harder to pick because there's 4 games and you can only bet 10 on one.

Now, because a player who has a lead after the first two rounds is sitting pretty, that's why I added a bonus:

There is also a bonus at the beginning of the playoffs, you pick the two teams to make it to the Super Bowl, you get 10 for each team.

^This is so a player who isn't doing well for example, can be saved by picking the two correct teams. It's actually more of a wild guess than you think as it's rare for both Super Bowl teams to be the Top 2 seeds in their Conference.

So for example, if you pick the Patriots and Packers, there's a fair chance ONE of those will make it, but not necessarily both, and of course neither could make it as well.

NOW, there's also a rule for the Super Bowl picks that whoever is the leader has to post their picks first, so they don't try to cheat by picking the same exact picks as whoever is in 2nd place.

Now, since we're picking matchup winners throughout, there is no bonus for picking the Super Bowl winner, just the Super Bowl participants.

SO, to clarify

For THIS round.

Broncos at Patriots
Texans at Ravens

Giants at Packers
Saints at 49ers

You bet on matchups, MAX 10 out of your given 20 points. And you HAVE to bet at least 1 on each game, so two biggest bets would be 10 and 8 on two matchups and 1 a piece on two other matchups IF YOU WISH.

Now watch me:

4 points on Patriots over Broncos
4 points on Ravens over Texans
6 points on Giants over Packers
6 points on 49ers over Saints

Understand?

For the record the standings are pretty close, so this should be interesting.
Lensky1917 wrote:Can I change my prediction to Giants Vs Denver with it going to the Giants?

Haha no. The only reason Oxy got an exception is because he picked ALL of the winners, meaning we have to assume his Super Bowl pick would have still been viable.

You picked Steelers vs. Packers.

Luckily for you, the Packers are still alive and if they win the NFC you would get 10 points.

Here's the update on everyone's Super Bowl picks btw:

R_G-Ravens vs. 49ers
Dem-Ravens vs. 49ers
Kflint-Patriots vs. 49ers
Azale-Packers vs. Ravens
Lensky-Steelers vs. Packers
Oxy-Giants vs. Patriots
Godstud-Broncos vs. Packers

This was fun because the picks are so varied.

Here's the rundown:

Only Godstud picked the Broncos to win the AFC. Nobody picked the Texans. Funny enough, the #1 seeded Patriots were only picked by Kflint and Oxy.

On the NFC, 3 of 7 picked the 49ers, 3 of 7 picked the Packers and one picked the Giants while nobody picked the Saints.

NO person can garner 20 points from a correct Super Bowl matchup without someone else getting at least 10.

Me and Dem are the only matching Super Bowl matchup, so if we're both right we don't gain ground on eachother.

Oxy has the most advantageous matchup because he's the only one who picked the Giants in the NFC and one of only two who picked the Patriots in the AFC. Depending on who wins the NFC, between 49ers and Giants, Kflint or Oxy will have 10 points on one another.

However, some thought on possible Super Bowl matchups that screw everyone out of points:

Saints vs. Texans
The Saints are actually favored over the 49ers this Saturday. Their chances, by analysts, of winning the NFC is pretty good. The Texans actually have a good shot if they get past the Ravens.

Broncos vs. Saints
This is the only other matchup that nobody picked, however Godstud would gain 10 points from this.

Consequently, if the Broncos and Texans advance in the AFC, everyone would be dead except Godstud for the AFC.

Meanwhile if the Giants and Saints advance in the NFC, everyone except Oxy would be dead for NFC picks.
Yep, thought SF had enough magic to at least advance one round, if not two...

Now, I just wish I hated the Patriots less.

:hmm:

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]

The GOP is pretty much the anti-democracy party a[…]

I just read a few satires by Juvenal, and I still[…]