2012 NFL Season - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By R_G
Technically the new season begins with Free Agency, so it started today.

Manning and Mario Williams are still un-signed. More to come in the next couple days of course.
I saw that Manning first stop on his Mystical Mystery Tour was to Denver
I would have thought the Bronco’s would be happy with Tim Tebow. Am I missing something? Why would Denver want Manning?
I guess, a few years under or with Manning Tebow could become even better, but it would be a slap in the face to him.
By Oxymoron
Denver Broncos would be retarded to give up Tim Tebow.... that kid can play, while Jets are resigning the weak and bitch Sanchez the Broncos are about to send away a guy who took them from a losing season to winning against a good team in the playoffs are out of their minds.... I dont understand the hate this guy gets,
By R_G
Oxymoron wrote:Denver Broncos would be retarded to give up Tim Tebow.... that kid can play, while Jets are resigning the weak and bitch Sanchez the Broncos are about to send away a guy who took them from a losing season to winning against a good team in the playoffs are out of their minds.... I dont understand the hate this guy gets,

Tebow really does have split critics and fans.

Like you I think the kid has value and a high ceiling and with work on his mechanics can become GOAT or at least above average.

But Elway falls into the other group, the people who will vehemently hate Tebow and continue to say he is not a good QB in part because they're obsessed with pocket passers or find it annoying that he's so nice and wholesome.

But I think he goes to Arizona.
By R_G
Seems the Dolphins are the best fit.

I just think Manning won't do crap in Denver. He'll probably play 3 years and maybe get them 1-2 playoff wins but he's not going to get them a Championship.

I have no clue what will happen with Tebow. He does need a coaching staff believing in him.

I liked one guy online stating how the Patriots could do a Steve Young move for Tebow. Brady may be done 3-4 years from now and Tebow's mechanics will have probably changed.
By Oxymoron
Fucking people are nuts.....

What the fuck did Manning do in his first year as a starter?

Tebow takes you in to the playoffs on his back, wins the first game against a great defence in Pittsburg fucking idiotns
I guess the flip side is though, Tebow wasn't a starting QB in 2011. He's good, he's mercurial, but he lacks some consistency. Not that I really agree with that sentiment though.
And even so, if that were true the Bronco’s should give Tebow a couple of years of solid coaching and education, and he will find some consistent form and still be mercurial and take Denver to the SB.
It’ll be their loss and another teams gain.
IMO what Tebow really needs is just 1 year under a v. solid QB to learn the craft, which he didn’t really get last year. But moving to a starting role and doing so well, it’s hard to put him back in that box.
By Demosthenes
Manning is going to kick ass in Denver. They'll tailor the offense to suit him as they did Tebow. As much as I'm a Tebow fan, there is no way in hell I'd take him over Peyton Manning.

You guys are being unrealistic.
It's not unrealistic.

Yes I'd take Manning over Tebow, for the very short term (or on Fantasy football). But Denver cannot build the franchise around Manning. They’ll get 3 years max out of him.
Denver can build a 6+ year team out of Tebow. I think it’s realistic to look long term and not short on this.
By Demosthenes
It's completely unrealistic. It might even be a good wager who will last longer in the NFL, Manning or Tebow starting now.

I'd love it if Tebow had a long career, I love that he turns the punidts on their ear by winning as ugly as I've ever seen wins happen, but at the same time gimmicks and simplified offenses are only going to take you so far. Peyton Manning is one of the top three QBs in the game now, and in reality, one of the top 10 to ever play the game.

Tebow has 9 wins. Manning's figure is more than 10 times that, and he's nearly 100%, and projected to be there at the start of the season.

I'm sorry but you guys are just wrong.
By Oxymoron
Manning is going to kick ass in Denver. They'll tailor the offense to suit him as they did Tebow. As much as I'm a Tebow fan, there is no way in hell I'd take him over Peyton Manning.

You guys are being unrealistic.

If he was such a homerun he would never have been allowed to leave Indiana.

He is a risk, he might be 80% manning that will be good, what if he is 30% Manning an gets hurt? Why get rid of a stud Athlete who sells tickets, who wins games in favor of this guy whos own team let him go. It is simply the ignorant not liking Tebow not being a perfect mold of a quaterback and finding an excuse to get rid of him.
By Demosthenes
Oxymoron wrote:If he was such a homerun he would never have been allowed to leave Indiana.

This just shows you haven't been paying attention. Manning IS very much THAT good. The fact is, he left Indy due to a perfect storm situation, and that's the only reason he left. This isn't a normal situation where a QB like McNabb leaves after 10 years. Indy went 2-14 last year after being a perennial contender with Manning. He left now because they ended up with the number one pick in the draft (which they got because Manning WASNT playing) and probably the best QB prospect since HIM will be available with that pick. I don't blame Indy for a minute either. They have to take Luck. They'd be idiots not too. But you can't take Luck and then play Manning for the next 3-5 years. It'd just be stupid and would waste an awesome talent's early career.

Oxymoron wrote:He is a risk,

Nonsense.

Oxymoron wrote:he might be 80% manning that will be good,

He'll be 100%.

Oxymoron wrote:Why get rid of a stud Athlete who sells tickets, who wins games in favor of this guy whos own team let him go.

Manning is 1000 times better than Tebow and when he wins something big soon, he will sell as many, if not more tickets than Tebow ever could.

Oxymoron wrote:It is simply the ignorant not liking Tebow not being a perfect mold of a quarterback and finding an excuse to get rid of him.

I DO like him, remember? The fact is, he is a gimmick. I hope he works for a long time. I hope he wins 10 Super Bowls, but realistically, he isn't going too and not getting Manning in hopes Tebow can wave his magic wand for 10 years is just being completely irresponsible to your team.
By R_G
Tebow to the Jets.

Will be very interesting how it works.
By R_G
Well the Patriots are made by Brady.

The year when Cassel stepped in the defense was much better and so was the run game.

Quite honestly without Brady the team would collapse.

Now if everything works out the receiving core of Gronk, Welker, Loyd and Hernandez should be absolutely disgusting.

The Jets still strike me as a 10-6 wild card team.
By Demosthenes
R_G wrote:The Jets still strike me as a 10-6 wild card team.

I tend to agree with that.
My 49ers got a good shot to bringing back another title to the Bay. When the SF Giants won in 2010 we went crazy in the Bay, imagine if the 49ers win. I do think they have a good shot the defensive core is back, HUGE improvement on the offense, Alex Smith is gonna play with a chip on his shoulder, great special teams, and amazing coaching staff. 12-4 at worst

What do the tweets say? ——————— So with Palestin[…]

World War II Day by Day

They are words that will always ring true. So lo[…]

You didn't watch the video I posted earlier which[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities […]