Unofficial PoliticsForum Fantasy Baseball League - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Hey folks,

If anyone's interested in playing in a free fantasy baseball league I've set up especially for users of this forum, I've got some information for you.

First, go to http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1 and make sure you have signed up for a Yahoo! user ID.

Then, click "Play Now!" under free fantasy baseball. When it gives you the options, select "Join a Custom League."

The information you will need for the next page:

League ID#: 27848
League Password: pofo

Once you have joined the league, name your team, pick a logo, and all the rest. Please post here on the forum what your team name is, too, so we all know who each team is. There are 20 teams for this league, so it may fill up quickly.

After the league has filled up, I will post instructions on the league message board as to how to set your pre-draft rankings so that you can get the players you want in the automated draft.

To those who are joining, thank you! To those who will inevitably post "sports are stupid" as a reply to this thread, well, you know how I feel about you.
Last edited by briansmith on 17 Feb 2005 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
By Einherjar
Hi. Why do you think baseball evolved mainly in the us only and not in other nations? Or am i mistaken?
:?:
By briansmith
The American Lion, your team is registered. Could you change your team name to The American Lion, though? I was hoping we could all be identified by our user names here on PoFo, but if no one else seems to think that's a good idea, then we can just pick whatever team names we want.
By Goranhammer
I'm not allowed to be a fan of baseball, since Michigan doesn't have a professional baseball team.
By The American Lion
I like picking our own team names. Since this is baseball! Baseball teams should have good names. I dont want to call my teams the "B5Cs" or the "The American Lions."
By The American Lion
For some reason when I sign up too Yahoo sports. It doesnt sign me in. I'll try again in a hour.
By briansmith
Ok. Forget the username thing. Pick whatever team names you want.

And Goranhammer, you guys are supposed to be excited - you got hosed by Scott Boras into giving a bazillion dollars to Magglio "Cripple" Ordonez.
By Wilhelm
My Yahoo usernmae: guillermo_otalora
My team: The Condors
By Comrade Ogilvy
I am deff. making this tonight! Heh, I want to put at least some of the NY mets on my team. Todd join up as well! Baseball has taken over my interest in prof. sports with no hockey this year. :*(
By Unperson-S
Username: food_stamps_please

Team name:Ummm
By Luke
username : luke_w8

team name: luke_w Monarchs
By briansmith
Just for everyone's information, my Yahoo! username is tsaler71 and my team name is Bogan's Heroes (long story, clearly a spin-off of the old TV show Hogan's Heroes).
By Unperson-S
What do I do now?

I dont know anything about baseball, except that its like rounders, and it involves a base, and a ball, many balls sometimes, and the people wear armour when spotting behind the batter, whereas in rounders, you get nothing. Oh, and a bigger bat is used than in rounders.

I learnt the rest off of Hook
By Luke
There is only one ball in the field of play in baseball.
By Unperson-S
Not if you count the ones that go flying off the pitch, as sometimes happens in movies :p
By Maxim Litvinov
Max is the control group - ie. he knows nothing about baseball, will pick things at random and thereby humiliate anyone who does worse than him.
By Unperson-S
When will the game start, Ummm will beat everyone Haha

Going by that, Maxim, I should be the game master, person thing, as Im sure I know less, maybe tooooooo little.

Actually, I’m a Communist. An orthodox Marxist-Le[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

After the battle of Cannae, Rome was finished. It[…]