a ''return'' to traditionalism, a rejection of ''communism''... - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The non-democratic state: Platonism, Fascism, Theocracy, Monarchy etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
SolarCross wrote:That wasn't my intention but do as you will.

I explicitly stated from the very first that geocentrism and creationism are not subjects for debate on this thread, but only used them as illustrative of my belief system being idiosyncratic even during my ''Christian Communist'' phase. As I've also stated however, elements of traditional politics like Monarchism, which I also retained, ARE subject to discussion here.
annatar1914 wrote:I explicitly stated from the very first that geocentrism and creationism are not subjects for debate on this thread, but only used them as illustrative of my belief system being idiosyncratic even during my ''Christian Communist'' phase. As I've also stated however, elements of traditional politics like Monarchism, which I also retained, ARE subject to discussion here.

Okay but you are basically saying "don't think of pink elephant". When someone tells you, orders you really, to do that then it's almost automatic that you will do exactly that. Forbidden things are naturally interesting as well. Another thing is debate is a combative exercise so we just naturally fall into conflicting stances, I don't personally see a combative stance I can really take on the other stuff. As I am sure you appreciate for some of us geocentrism and creationism are the most contradictory or controversial and thus interesting bits on your list.
Okay but you are basically saying "don't think of pink elephant". When someone tells you, orders you really, to do that then it's almost automatic that you will do exactly that. Forbidden things are naturally interesting as well.

You did read the thread title, did you not? We're presumably all adults here, so if I want to discuss precisely what is in my thread title, that should be a cue to any serious and mature person that these things are going to be discussed.

Another thing is debate is a combative exercise

That's why you're at risk of falling into the ''troll'' catagory, because I'm here to discuss Truth, not be combative for combat's sake.

so we just naturally fall into conflicting stances

Do we? That sounds like Marxist dialectic to me.

, I don't personally see a combative stance I can really take on the other stuff.

So you admit to being here to find something to be combative about. People like that I call assholes in real life.

As I am sure you appreciate for some of us

People trying to be assholes? Trolls? My appreciation for those people is precisely... nothing.

geocentrism and creationism are the most contradictory or controversial and thus interesting bits on your list.

That's your judgement call not mine, so run along if you can't discuss anything else. I'd be happy to oblige you on the other aspects of the politics involved.
Saeko wrote:What I don't understand is, why do you belive that the Bible is a credible text on anything at all.

annatar1914 wrote:I do, and that would be the subject of another thread. Otherwise, your question would be you just shitposting, and I expect better from you.

But your list of "stars" are:
A. Faith

B. Family

C. Tsar and Nation

so your belief in the Bible as a credible guide is central to discussing your ideology - "not just in my politics or cosmology, but also in my attitudes on daily life, in morality and one's societal roles, etc... Orthodox Christianity as a full way of life the way it should be lived, in Christ Jesus."

Trying to understand why you insist on biblical inerrancy is vital to understanding your political, moral and societal thought.
SolarCross wrote:If he talked to me in person like that, I'd knock him out. That's the problem with the internet we are all too far from each other to teach each other proper manners by the only method that works.
No, it seems the internet did good.

What on earth is going on in this thread?
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:But your list of "stars" are:

so your belief in the Bible as a credible guide is central to discussing your ideology - "not just in my politics or cosmology, but also in my attitudes on daily life, in morality and one's societal roles, etc... Orthodox Christianity as a full way of life the way it should be lived, in Christ Jesus."

Trying to understand why you insist on biblical inerrancy is vital to understanding your political, moral and societal thought.

I do believe that the Christian worldview is still sufficiently understood even by those against Christianity that there need be no special digression to understand what was going in European civilization for over a thousand years, from roughly St. Constantine's reign in the 300's AD up until the 16th century. Then, it was not just I who believed in ''biblical inerrancy'', but all who cling to the salvific Apostolic teaching, the teaching of the Fathers of Orthodoxy.

What I am for, is not so much a replay of that period, as a call for more ''leaven in the dough''. That is, a deepening of the Christian expression of life into temporal society, not a increasing alienation and secularization of human life by modern mores. This is not ''traditionalism'' for the sake of holding to what our ancestors did and believed, but the Gospel that still burns in the human heart.

However, that time has not come, or come back, and so those who are as I am are increasingly under attack, and have been so for centuries. It's your world for now, the world of Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Kant, Darwin, Freud, Einstein, and Marx; we'll clean up the mess later, or rather God will.

But that discussion is not the subject of this thread as I had intended, but a discussion of Communism and anti-communist traditionalism
SolarCross wrote:@annatar1914
Says a geocentrist and a creationist, lol. What kind of fuckwit takes those fantasies for reality, seriously?

I'll take my stand with the early Church, the Fathers, the Apostles and Christ, Who Himself referred to the Great Flood. There are a whole host of doctrines tied in with these so-called ''fantasies'' in Christianity.

What boggles my mind is the nerve of a non-Christian to tell a Christian what he or she is to believe...It's stupid and asinine as well as insulting.

The ban on usury was inherited from the Jews. The[…]

^ I guess you meant Raqqa. How exactly don't we k[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times mo[…]

There were no barricades. Everyone was able to ac[…]