I'm philosophically conflicted about the Muslim hadiths - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
So, the Qur'an says to trust only the Qur'an. But basically nobody actually does that, of course. So I read recently that pet dogs are haram. This doesn't just mean that owning a pet dog is illegal in most Muslim countries, apparently even large and more moderate Muslim countries like Indonesia are banning "hots dogs" because they have the word "dog" in them. In some of the more extreme interpretations, black dogs are considered evil and are actively hunted down and killed. This also explains stories you hear from Iran where they find stray dogs and kill them with acid injections and so-on.

I've personally felt as if the pet dog thing has gotten a little out of control. People are using dogs as proxies or replacements for children (when they aren't using children as proxies for dogs).

To paraphrase a passage from the Qur'an, "if you drive a dog away its tongue will loll out of its mouth, if you don't drive it away its tongue will still loll out of its mouth."

Ultimately I can see an argument for banning dogs as recreational pets. But reading stuff like this, I'm starting to wonder, how far is too far? Are people really so retarded that we have to do things like ban pet dogs? At what point do you just let someone be retarded and hurt themselves?

Edit: Literally, I typed the word "hadiths" and now I'm getting banner ads about dating Arab women. Thanks Google.
The Quran depends on how you read it, it has 7 readings tought by the prophet, which is why many when reading it in its original language and actually learned how to read it correctly can feel it communicates to them.
Ofcourse on the side because i know you'll bring it up, no ISIS is by majority scholars are not considered Muslims, because there are several rules, the major rules in Islam that you need to abide by them to actually be one. Which groups like ISIS blatantly break most of them and thus disqualafied if so to say.

The Hadith is a complementary to the Quran, the Quran talks about the general structure and mandatories while Hadith explains the details and the practices.
Other than the hadith there is Ejma' and Qiyas which do the same in just other ways.

Dogs are not allowed to be owned as pets however they're allowed to be owned for hunting or gaurding or whatever duty.
In Islam, Predators if so to call them, are not allowed to be owned as pets rather only for practical uses.
That includes not only dogs but also things like snakes, tigers, crocodiles, etc. things that though can be tamed but also can be harmful or used and trained to do harm.

There is no such thing as black dogs being evil, thats part of old Arabic culture of black dogs and cats and even owls and crows being signs of evil. Not things in Islam.

And in Iran they killed dogs because they're evil ?
That happened a while ago when several cities mainly Shiraz and Tabriz ran a campaign to catch and reduce the population of stray dogs.
For two reasons; 1-there were too many and they started attacking people, and 2- there simply way too many to put them all in shilters.

For the hot dog thing in indonesia. First, that story was in Malaysia. And it already seems that the entire story is a hoax because not only government officials denied any such action being taken but even the religious figures are denying such claims.
The actual story came not recently but several years ago when the government banned several hot dog imports because they're pork based. Pork is not allowed there.
Waiting for Starmer

@JohnRawls I think the smaller parties will d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Moscow expansion drives former so called Warsaw (i[…]

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]