Repetition - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For the discussion of Philosophy. Discuss thought from Socrates to the Enlightenment and beyond!

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be debated in this forum, but those of religious belief who specifically wish to avoid threads being derailed by atheist arguments might prefer to use the Spirituality forum.
By GlobalJustice
If there is a fixed amount of mass in the universe and endless time, won't the same atoms that made up our bodies at some point meet up again?

For those of you who believe the Big Bang is bound to repeat itself continually, will the earth not be created at some point a second time.
By Generalissimo Talonius
I'm not inclined to believe in the "Big Crunch" ( I think the evidence points to the fact that the universe is accelerating enough that it will just expand forever ), so I don't really buy into what you just said. HOWEVER, I do believe our atoms do get used up again, you know, ashes to ashes and all that. It's the cycle of life repeating itself forever, I guess you could say.
if the universe is expanding at infinitem, what's it exapanding into?

and the whole atoms being used again and possibly meet up again just makes sense, it's possible but the chances are astronomical (pardon the pun, tis unitentional
By GlobalJustice
In eternity, all astronomical chances will happen, I mean, it is eternal :)

But what I said is only assuming that the universe has a fixed amount of matter and energy.

"if the universe is expanding at infinitem, what's it expanding into?"

Don't hurt my brain Newly
By Generalissimo Talonius
Perhaps it's expanding into itself ? Wierd, I know, but you try coming up with something better ... :)
By Newly
GlobalJustice wrote:In eternity, all astronomical chances will happen, I mean, it is eternal :)

:lol: yeah good call mate. what's really odd is thinking about just how much time it would take. that is to say that at a certain point all possibilities would have occured. what then?

:smokin:
newly
By Boondock Saint
Wow ... a question with no answer ...

All i know is we are a small piss stain on the floor of the universe ... we like to think we are important but at any moment something so big we couldnt even fathom it could happen and BAM ... bye bye humans ...

You guys seen that pic of those galaxies that collided? You know our galaxy is set to collide someday with another galaxy?

Man ... imagine how much that will suck! All of a sudden the entire galaxy explodes!

Freaky ...

Aint no nuke man can build that can stop that ... or mimic it.

What a pathetic little dribble we are ... and some of us think an all powerful being created us ... HA! What crap ...
World War II Day by Day

Legally dubious, but politically necessary. Not […]

Moldova has signed a security and defense pact wi[…]

Waiting for Starmer

All Tories are fuck-ups, whether they’re Blue or […]

Whistleblowers allege widespread abuses at Israel[…]