Alive Music - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By quetzalcoatl
Live music is music that is alive. It is art created by human hands, lips, and breath. It lives for a moment and disappears. Recordings may capture a memory of the moment, but it is not the moment itself.

Do you listen to live music? Or even create it?

Here are some live performances I particularly admire. I have chosen bands/musicians I have heard in person (although not these particular performances).

Share some of your favorite live performances.

[youtube]gzOvOXH6x3A[/youtube]

[youtube]p3Tic-HjKD0[/youtube]

[youtube]tCENXv13JHk[/youtube]

[youtube]zGpQedxPJoI[/youtube]

[youtube]pwXJ6DMYFLk[/youtube]
By RhetoricThug
Nice thread

Dire Straights
[youtube]8Pa9x9fZBtY[/youtube]
The Doors
[youtube]z9IIn3R6_50[/youtube]
Rap god
[youtube]fySaWH6qIVg[/youtube]
Woodstock
[youtube]i0WG-ZUUOsg[/youtube]
Floyd
[youtube]n1yxNjU7u_8[/youtube]

Many more, but those are off the top off my head
By Brother of Karl
Well it would be impossible to pick a favorite live performance. That is like picking a favorite moment, just can't be done very well because as you said the recording of a live performance isn't the same as the performance, and you can't exactly compare moments side by side, now can you? The best live shows aren't really about the music anyway, but more about how I felt at the time and the way emotions travel through the room. I've been to a fair amount of live shows of various sizes, but the one that I remember most fondly was also one of the most intimate. In Hawaii, I had befriended a travelling musician, and he had a way of getting intimate with an audience even in a large auditorium. He played guitar, and had one of those voices that was haunting and beautiful and powerful and could move an entire auditorium even when the microphone went out. I went to one free show where he and a few of his friends were playing at the village museum, and he went on last. For the first few musicians, they all had friends who would join in and sing along or play backup instruments/drums. The guy went on last, and he had a mic and speakers and a drummer and backup guitarist who played along with his first song, but it got too intense in that small space, and he put off the sound system and his backup band eventually realized they needed to listen too much and stopped playing. Anyway, I'm not sure what it was about that show, but he brought the entire audience to tears. I don't even remember what he played, I only remember what I felt there in that room. I'm not sure what else to say about that.

On another note, here's some live music from the Pat Metheny Orchestrion tour, of which I did in fact see a show, and it was one of the most fascinating things I've seen in music. It's interesting to see the juxtaposition of a band controlled by computer sequencing and solanoids against the guitar playing of a jazz legend. He led the design of that setup and most of the notes were pre-programmed, and some of them were controlled live by Metheny himself while he plays along:
[youtube]6dzxlr9LPDY[/youtube]

Here are some of my other favorite live music videos:
[youtube]qSIS0o7vtPE[/youtube]
[youtube]NP869swP2po[/youtube]
[youtube]3SaiCYf-i0w[/youtube]

I think she’s going to be a great president for M[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

Putting all the potential blame on the US and cal[…]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_b[…]

How could you tell, querida? :lol: I am waiting[…]