Ridiculous movie scenes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By fuser
AFAIK, they don't have to explicitly mention that. I realize I am not standing on very strong grounds here but whether the machines are following these laws or not is up to viewers to decide. That's why I said if we 'accept' that machines are indeed following those laws (as it happens several sci-fi works follow these laws explicitly or implicitly)
Solastalgia wrote:Those look pretty cool. Have you seen this?:

[youtube]v9d09JLBVRc[/youtube]

hilarious.

All the 'Apes' movies are ridiculous: I've never understood how thinking adults can waste precious minutes of their lives watching films where the actors are dressed up as bloody monkeys. Image
By AFAIK
Fuser, I'm always skeptical of the 3 laws because technology is usually developed by the military and it wouldn't make sense to equip an autonomous weapons system with a rule against killing. The robot butler from the Animatrix is probably 3 laws safe but outside of the consumer market I'm doubtful especially as the machines developed their own AI in 01 (robot city). If they developed their own laws and institutions why would they concern themselves with the safety of humans who have no business even being in their city?
OllytheBrit wrote:All the 'Apes' movies are ridiculous: I've never understood how thinking adults can waste precious minutes of their lives watching films where the actors are dressed up as bloody monkeys. Image

Haha, I hear you. Although the new apes movies are done with CGI, not actors, I believe.
[youtube]q0zxxDFpwx4[/youtube]

K: B! That alien just knocked you on the ground and is running towards that Border Agent and is going to kill him!

Get off the ground and shoot him B! Hurry! Get up and shoot him!

Hurry B! He's almost to the Border Agent with murder in his alien eyes!

Dammit B! Now I have to pull my weapon out and kill him while you flounder on the ground...

What do I look like B? Some kind of alien INS agent?
AFAIK wrote:Nice one, fuser. Lots of action movies have a disregard for the laws of physics but that is truly over the top.

I've been thinking of some peculiarities in The Matrix. In the trilogy the machines expend considerable energy managing, battling and waging war against humans. They have high tech to do this but why didn't any of these solutions develop;

1- Cut a few nerves to make people paralysed in their pods.
2- Plug lower mammals into the matrix as they wouldn't have an existential desire to wake up or the ability to organise resistance to their oppression.
3- Breed hamsters and set them running on wheels.
4- Space based solar power.
5- In vitro meat production.

Perhaps the machines enjoyed engaging with humans despite the headaches. What would the machines do if they had no humans to trade, compete or cooperate with?

I read a fan theory that Zion was a simulation and the matrix was a simulation within a simulation. The point of the sims was to teach AIs humanity, help them to empathise with humans and encourage them to avoid violent conflict with humans.

I heard a rumor that in an early draft of The Matrix, humans were kept alive in order to be processors for the machines, rather than batteries. It was changed because someone thought that audiences would be too stupid to understand that. I'm not sure if this is true, but it works a lot better logically than using humans as BATTERIES...
Most alien invasion movies are unreal. They include giant spaceships filled with screaming mini fighters and alien invader armies (or human clones). If an alien civilization has the ability to cross interstellar space it could easily defeat us by redirecting a few dozen asteroids, have them strike at regular intervals, and follow that with a few cans filled with a super virus brew. If they want to eat us they can capture a few humans and use them as breeding stock after they finish destroying human civilization.

However, this scenario isn't very attractive for a general audience. Imagine the script:

General: "Sir, the aliens are about to destroy the planet with at least 37 asteroid strikes, we estimate 0,005 % survival rate for the human species"

Prime Minister: "We are toast"

Roll Credits.
By fuser
If an alien civilization has the ability to cross interstellar space it could easily defeat us by redirecting a few dozen asteroids, have them strike at regular intervals, and follow that with a few cans filled with a super virus brew.

This doesn't work if aliens want to colonize the planet and not destroy it.
fuser wrote:This doesn't work if aliens want to colonize the planet and not destroy it.

The 37 cleverly located asteroid strikes would be designed to have an effect similar to that of the Permo Triassic extinction event. That would leave a breathable atmosphere and enough marine life to allow the aliens to settle in.
By fuser
No because aliens have watched the documentary called "Armageddon" and know that any asteroid based attack would be defeated single handedly by John McLean.
fuser wrote:No because aliens have watched the documentary called "Armageddon" and know that any asteroid based attack would be defeated single handedly by John McLean.

But the USA lacks a space shuttle able to reach and land on an asteroid. The aliens know that.
Solastalgia wrote:Haha, I hear you. Although the new apes movies are done with CGI, not actors, I believe.

Nope:

Still wore suits... Motion capture ones....

Basically everyone got dressed up in Tron cosplay this time.... To play "more realistic" monkeys.
Peter in the Disney movie of The Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe killing a foe by throwing a spear a very long distance.

The Legolas killing of an Oliphant & crew in Return of the King all by himself.

Some of Rambo's killing scenes, etc

@Rancid When the Republicans say the justice […]

:lol: ‘Caracalla’ and ‘Punic’, @FiveofSwords .[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]