Dieselpunk RPG? - Page 16 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Frollein
You mean the game-tech? I was thinking more in terms of a collaborative writing project where a plot develops from the players' ideas and interactions, but if you want to contribute a stricter MO, let's hear how you want to set it up.
By Potemkin
I'm still looking for a cool codename for the superweapon, which will simulaneously be our game-thread title. Someone suggested an analogy to the Manhattan Project and I looked at the map of Scotland (because I figured that it was developed in some lonely location, and what is lonlier in Britain than the highlands at least in our Diesel universe) but decided that I'll let our British player handle that one. It needs to be sufficiently out of the way and it should be pronouncable, so no fancy Celtic village names .

How about 'The Dounreay Project'? It's pronounced 'Doonray' (the first syllable is stressed), and sounds vaguely like 'Doom-ray', so it's suitable sinister-sounding. It's also been the site of a nuclear power plant since the 1950s IRL, and any British person would immediate associate the name 'Dounreay' with nuclear technology. Again, this would make it sound suitably sinister.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dounreay
By Frollein
Deal!
By The Sabbaticus
^ hopelessly unpractical but they do indeed look interesting. Incidentally, they've been frequently used in 'Dieselpunk-esque' scenarios before.

Anyway, so what is the status now? Who are the participating parties? Where is everything headed?
World War II Day by Day

June 5, Wednesday British government bans strike[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yes some people are just stupid like that. Why we[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]