Great Right-Wing Artists and Authors - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By NoRapture
Ok. Updike and Wolfe. I stand corrected. I never heard of the rest of Dave's list. Who else?
By Dave
NoRapture shows us all how cultured the left is.
By Potemkin

*ahem*
By Dave
You're a fake leftist, Potemkin. You seem to subscribe to master morality and are a Communist because its universalist message is a convenient mask for your class's aggression against the established order.
By Potemkin
You're a fake leftist, Potemkin. You seem to subscribe to master morality and are a Communist because its universalist message is a convenient mask for your class's aggression against the established order.

Oops, I forgot that NoRapture is the only true leftist on PoFo. I can only apologise; I don't know what came over me. :O
By NoRapture
You thrust at any opportunity to score some kind of point. Jesus. I simply forgot your mention of Dostoevsky. Probably because he predates any meaning I had intended for right-wing authors and artists. Why not just include Joshua and King David?
By Dave
The modern left/right distinction was established in the 18th century, and recognizable forms of liberalism and conservatism were present in Dostoevsky's time. Much of his writing in fact dealt with the radical mindset and its consequences.

In the antiquity these distinctions did not exist even if we can see antecedents of it in for instance the Gracchus brothers or the Optimates.

As for what meaning you intended, I assume it was one to show that the right is uncultured and boorish.
By Huntster
Probably because he predates any meaning I had intended for right-wing authors and artists.

If we just considered your own lifetime, we'd have to conclude that there hasn't been any great artists and authors of any ideology for the past few days.
By NoRapture
As for what meaning you intended, I assume it was one to show that the right is uncultured and boorish.
If you want to put it that way. The fact remains that, particularly today, virtually all celebrated art and literature is created by liberal individuals. It stands to reason that conservatism, demanding constant maintenance and rigid control of thought, can't afford any very deep investments in the actual right-brain process, right-wing not withstanding.

The example of Ezra Pound was a good one though. I was going to offer it if no-one else did. You can't get any further right than he did. Being a Nazi and all. And I'm sorry Potemkin, I know you've fancied yourself being the furthest left on the board. An Authoritarianist approach doesn't usually contribute much to actual leftist politics though, not to mention Marxism.
By Huntster
The fact remains that, particularly today, virtually all celebrated art and literature is created by liberal individuals.

Actually, the fact remains that, particularly today, virtually all art and literature celebrated by liberals is created by liberal individuals.
By Celtic Communism
The example of Ezra Pound was a good one though. I was going to offer it if no-one else did. You can't get any further right than he did. Being a Nazi and all. And I'm sorry Potemkin, I know you've fancied yourself being the furthest left on the board.

Pound was not a Nazi. Fascist would be more correct, seeing as he chose to move to Italy rather than Germany. He also shared Mussolini's admiration of the Soviet Union and Lenin, long after Mussolini abandoned his.
By Potemkin
You may be conflating Ezra Pound with William Joyce, 'Lord Haw Haw', who did broadcast from Nazi Germany during WWII. Pound broadcast from Fascist Italy during WWII. Pound was a fascist rather than specifically a Nazi.
By NoRapture
Pound was a fascist rather than specifically a Nazi.
And pretty convenient for him that his message was viciously anti-semitic, and apologetic of Nazi Germany during the height of its occupation of Europe. He did stick to his core values though. Which you'd never catch a damn lefty doing. And I always heard fascists made really good Nazis back then.
By Sephardi
Why not just include Joshua and King David?

Joshua... King David...
By millie_(A)TCK
Ezra Pound

Not great at all. More like a lunatic whose Haiku gibber made him famous because it was different.
By Dave
Paradigm wrote:Did anyone mention Salvador Dali? He was a leftist in his youth but became a huge supporter of Franco.

Good addition, Paradigm. I focused on writers, but let's add others:
  • Leni Riefenstahl
  • Richard Wagner
  • Arno Breker
By Inexorable
Good addition, Paradigm. I focused on writers, but let's add others:

Leni Riefenstahl
Richard Wagner
Arno Breker

Don't forget:

Martin Heidegger
Oswald Spengler
Albert Speeer

As for all these other so-called right wing thinkers, Ayn Rand and Glenn Beck make great toilet paper.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The article IS the source, dumbnut. And its sour[…]

@FiveofSwords " because of your race &qu[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 5, Friday Chamberlain: Hitler has missed […]

And the question you need to ask yourself, whos f[…]