worst movie ever - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By neopagan
There are more to choose from than good movies. I would start with something like "Yentil" Babs Striesand, director,producer,screenwriter and lead role. A recipe for disaster. Plot: A girl dresses as a boy to become a rabbi, then falls in love with one of the cadet rabbis. She should have got Mel Brooks to direct.
By Sithsaber
That's just bad.(not the worst ever) Most American remakes are bad, just look at Quarantine (REC), Godzilla 2000, and Dragonball evolution.

But yeah, dragonball evolution
By RhetoricThug
Reefer madness
By Varax
Decky wrote:The terrible American remake of wicker man.

It's at least hilariously bad though - especially when viewed out of context. If you want to watch it as an unintentional comedy you can still get some enjoyment out of it. Same thing goes for The Room - Tommy Wiseau trying to act.

Now, something like Going Overboard is so bad it's just painful. It wants to be funny but fails in every conceivable aspect and thus lacks any redeemable value. Worst movie I've ever seen.
By Andalublue
There's only one film I've ever been to see in the cinema and walked out on. Moulin Rouge. God, that's an awful, awful movie. A musical in which none of the leads can sing. A plagiarised screenplay from a pretty trite opera. Vacuous spectacle. Cardboard cut-out characters. This would have been fatuous as a perfume commercial, as a piece of cinema it stank. Is Baz Luhrman the most over-rated director in the history of cinema? I think so.
By neopagan
RhetoricThug, ReeferMadness is an excellent choice for worst movie ever. It does have a small redeeming feature.
Like a fascist documentary, the film demonstrates the ugly lies perpetuated against the smoker's of cannabis and therefore will have some historical value. But, yes, it is utter drivel.

Andalublue, as a countryman of Baz Luhrman's, I have to second your contention. Baz stinks.
Last edited by neopagan on 10 Feb 2013 22:40, edited 3 times in total.
By Andalublue
neopagan wrote:
Andalublue, as a countryman of Baz Luhrman's, I have to second your contention. Baz stinks.

Glad you didn't take it personally. Australia also boasts one of the greatest directors of all time in Peter Weir.
By RhetoricThug
If it comes to walking out on movies... I was close to that point during Sandler's You don't mess with the Zohan.

I did walk out during this film
Bad on so many levels. Don't watch it unless you want to get angry. Very very angry.
By Andalublue
Perhaps slightly off-topic, but I just finished watching The Secret in their Eyes, the Argentinian film from 2010. Now THAT is a movie! I was just blown away by it. Adam Sandler does not feature.
By RhetoricThug
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was brilliant as far as cinematography goes.
Decky wrote:The terrible American remake of wicker man.

Yes, that's right up there. Though I did laugh a lot when I saw it, but that's a bad trait for horror movies.
"No, not the bees, not the bees"-Nicholas Cage in Wicker Man
God that movie had some of the stupidest lines ever
RhetoricThug wrote:Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was brilliant as far as cinematography goes.

Then why did you post it on this thread?
By RhetoricThug

To balance out all the terrible films
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

will putin´s closest buddy Gennady Timchenko be […]

The October 7th attack has not been deemed a genoc[…]

https://youtu.be/URGhMw1u7MM?si=YzcCHXcH9e-US9mv […]

Xi Jinping: "vladimir, bend down even lower, […]