One-hit wonders - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Paradigm
Some artists have solid careers with a string of hits. Others have underground followings. Some just plain suck and nothing much ever comes of them. But a few of them get one shot at the big-time that leaves its mark for a long time to come. This thread is dedicated to them. Post some of your favorite one-hit wonders.

I'll just put this here for starters:
[youtube]b0wfu3tOrtQ[/youtube]
By quetzalcoatl
[youtube]srtuQU20QXA[/youtube]
[youtube]6NXnxTNIWkc[/youtube]
[youtube]DL7-CKirWZE[/youtube]
[youtube]gzoEK545j64[/youtube]
[youtube]EMSXdKun1GU[/youtube]
By Nets
Some great one hit wonders from the 1960s, (although the last one is debatable as they were a successful album band):

[youtube]G5cqzu6vi_Q[/youtube]
[youtube]7JhZqWCqKs8[/youtube]
[youtube]Mb3iPP-tHdA[/youtube]
By Potemkin
[youtube]9muzyOd4Lh8[/youtube]

[youtube]4VDS8uArR0A[/youtube]

[youtube]L8XQZYIiNgo[/youtube]

[youtube]DiWomXklfv8[/youtube]
Last edited by Potemkin on 22 Jun 2014 02:20, edited 4 times in total.
By Nets
Potemkin wrote:Moody Blues

Not counting some phenomenal studio albums (8 straight top-tens), the Moody Blues were at least 2- or 3-hit wonders. Question made it to #2 in the UK in 1970.

[youtube]l2lIbp1XYpM[/youtube]
Jimi Hendrix also sold millions of records over the last 50 years, and they weren't only of one song, so that doesn't really count. A one hit wonder is a musician/band who is only famous for one song and mostly ignored for the rest.
I don't know. The only song by them that I knew was "Take Me On", but I don't know why you're trying to compare that to Jimi Hendrix, because if you ignore the billboard numbers for a second, Hendrix has maintained fame (in America and elsewhere). He has many well known songs over here, even if he only had one single that actually charted very well in the 60s. He also sold the top selling LP of 1966, "Are You Experienced", so I don't know how you could consider him a one-hit wonder in any sense of the word.
By Potemkin
Not counting some phenomenal studio albums (8 straight top-tens), the Moody Blues were at least 2- or 3-hit wonders.

But the only one of those hits which is remembered is Nights in White Satin. There are lots of so-called 'one-hit wonders' who actually had reasonably successful careers which stretched over decades, but they're only remembered for one song.
By Godstud
Procol Harem and The Moody Blues were not one hit wonders...

The Moody Blues had a ton of hits.

THESE are one hit wonders...
[youtube]9jK-NcRmVcw[/youtube]

[youtube]yahBtp_1jWE[/youtube]

[youtube]mQ_k_VG6Syc[/youtube]
By Potemkin
Procol Harem and The Moody Blues were not one hit wonders...

The Moody Blues had a ton of hits.

Meh. Okay, I'll concede the point.

Wow, maybe "all" jobs have gone to illeg[…]

Wrong. If anything, it's the sign of a mature, fu[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The arrogance of Volodymyr Zelensky is incredible.[…]

Are you having fun yet Potemkin? :lol: How coul[…]