Why Siberians Want to Secede From Russia (Ukraine War Documentary) The Icarus Project - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Steve_American wrote:Why Siberians Want to Secede From Russia (Ukraine War Documentary) The Icarus Project

A really interesting review of Russia's history in Siberia.

Remove the [==] to View it.
https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=4gMrVgIf120&list=TLPQMDMxMTIwMjPkQzYSwb6rIQ&index=30

@Steve_American :

Exceedingly vile and stupid propaganda. I'm from the Siberian region, lived there. I've known all kinds of Russians including Tuvans, Tatars, and Altai people, Buryats.

Everyone is Russian, part of Russian world even if not Orthodox or Muslim or Shamanic. In all my 54 years I've never known or heard of this kind of Bandera/Western bullshit.
Siberians do not want to leave Russia. They prefer to be left alone, and they largely (for the most part) are.
They do want economic assistance from Russia (since the Russian wealth and economy has always been focused in the West), although that economic assistance is very minimal (especially after the end of the Soviet Union).
The only news I ever heard about Siberians being disgruntled was protests in Vladivostok angry about Russian tariffs on cars imported from Japan. (Since those in Far East Russia are poorer and it's very convenient for them to import used cars from Japan, in fact easier to ship cars from Japan to Vladivostok than to buy cars made in the western region of Russia, which is very far away)

You'll even notice a very disproportionately large percentage of soldiers Russia is currently sending to the Ukraine conflict come from the Siberian region, since there is less job opportunity there.

It's not even that Siberians love being part of Russia, but for the most part they just do not care.
Russian is the main language in Siberia, and a majority of the Siberian population is ethnically Russian, so that is a powerful unifying force.

If Siberia were to break away from Russia, any border would probably be arbitrarily located.

It could be said that China is increasingly economically colonizing the Siberian region. In many of those areas, 30-50% of the economic investment is coming from China. (Even though there is not very much economic investment in this region)

Russia (the western part) is benefitting from the resources in Siberia, but Siberians do not really care. They do not have the economic capital to be able to exploit these resources for themselves and the population in Siberia is small.
Puffer Fish wrote:Siberians do not want to leave Russia. They prefer to be left alone, and they largely (for the most part) are.
They do want economic assistance from Russia (since the Russian wealth and economy has always been focused in the West), although that economic assistance is very minimal (especially after the end of the Soviet Union).
The only news I ever heard about Siberians being disgruntled was protests in Vladivostok angry about Russian tariffs on cars imported from Japan. (Since those in Far East Russia are poorer and it's very convenient for them to import used cars from Japan, in fact easier to ship cars from Japan to Vladivostok than to buy cars made in the western region of Russia, which is very far away)

You'll even notice a very disproportionately large percentage of soldiers Russia is currently sending to the Ukraine conflict come from the Siberian region, since there is less job opportunity there.

It's not even that Siberians love being part of Russia, but for the most part they just do not care.
Russian is the main language in Siberia, and a majority of the Siberian population is ethnically Russian, so that is a powerful unifying force.

If Siberia were to break away from Russia, any border would probably be arbitrarily located.

It could be said that China is increasingly economically colonizing the Siberian region. In many of those areas, 30-50% of the economic investment is coming from China. (Even though there is not very much economic investment in this region)

Russia (the western part) is benefitting from the resources in Siberia, but Siberians do not really care. They do not have the economic capital to be able to exploit these resources for themselves and the population in Siberia is small.

Well, clearly, I'm not an expert on anything about Russia and Siberia.

However, I video I linked to clearly was not counting the Russian ethnics who live there as Siberians. So, what ethnic Russians think was not his point.
It is sort of like claiming that the 1st Nations in Canada want to secede from Canada and take their land with them. Or that many Native Americans want to secede and take much more land than just their reservations. Note, I AM NOT SAYING THESE THINGS, just making a comparison.

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]