Young man attacked on New York City subway, has now lost sight in one eye - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Just in case those of you from other countries do not understand why many Americans are so reluctant to want to use public transportation, it is because of crap like this.

Warning, this is a pretty gory and unsettling story. Those who get easily squeamish may not want to read this.

This happened in New York City.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/te ... yc-subway/

A teenager lost sight in one eye after he was stabbed on the subway.

He was recovering in Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital in Washington Heights as police continue to search for the suspect.
Chris Anguisaca, 19, underwent multiple surgical procedures.

"This happened, it just changed my life forever," Anguisaca said. Anguisaca is still coming to terms with being blind in his left eye.

Police said he was attacked by a man with a pair of scissors while riding the A train at around 6 a.m. back on February 14, 2022.

"The blade, it went so deep that it cut the nerve of my eye," Anguisaca said. "I basically can't see no more from this eye."

Anguisaca said he was on his way home from work when a man, who appeared to possibly be homeless, approached and said, "Why are you talking about me?"
Looks like the drug problem in Seattle is so bad, passengers are openly smoking crushed up fentanyl pills in crack pipes on public buses.

Other passengers are expressing concern and frustration over the smoke fumes.

Public transit, the new drug den: what’s being done to keep you safe? – KIRO 7 News Seattle
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/public ... 5KPJ23RJM/

One passenger said it is so common it is happening on every other bus he takes.
Puffer Fish wrote:Looks like the drug problem in Seattle is so bad, passengers are openly smoking crushed up fentanyl pills in crack pipes on public buses.

Public transit, the new drug den: what’s being done to keep you safe? – KIRO 7 News Seattle

So America is a shithole country. Are you boasting or complaining? :eh:

VIDEO: Public transit: the new drug den. What’s being done to keep you safe? | KIRO 7 News , Feb 25, 2022

They had to pull one of the bus drivers off because he was starting to become under the influence and intoxicated from the fumes.
Fumes that were probably drifting all the way to the front of the bus from the very back.

Homeless Take Over Light Rail Trains In Seattle: SHOCKING City Worker Video, News For Reasonable People, May 13, 2022
Last edited by Puffer Fish on 13 May 2022 23:53, edited 2 times in total.
video can be seen here: link to TikTok video

Passenger caught urinating on NYC subway as commuters seem unfazed
by Kenneth Garger, New York Post, March 8, 2022

A man, who appeared to be homeless, relieved himself on a car in plain view of about 10 people while lying horizontally on a bench seat in between the Jay Street-MetroTech and York Street subway stations at about 6:15 p.m.
About three commuters across from the man darted out of the line of fire during the disgusting act, but multiple strangers in a row of adjacent benches didn’t seem fazed and remained seated.
It was caught on camera. The urine appears to be puddling up and running down the middle of the aisle.
Puffer Fish wrote:Looks like the drug problem in Seattle is so bad, passengers are openly smoking crushed up fentanyl pills in crack pipes on public buses.

The drug problem isn't just in Seattle. Other states are struggling with crimes involving drugs. My state, NH, has some drug issues. But I don't post about the drug news. Why point out the issue just to point it out? This seems to be what you do. And you make odd comments too. If you were in government, the public would likely want to eject you from your seat.

Yet you are not a city commissioner or governor that can deal with the problem. If you were, you probably wouldn't have time to post articles on here. Lawmakers instead are busy reviewing legislation, looking into incidents, and being involved in governing events and committees.
MistyTiger wrote:Other states are struggling with crimes involving drugs. Why point out the issue just to point it out? This seems to be what you do. And you make odd comments too.

It seems you do not understand the point of this thread.
The point was highlighting the differences between the society in the U.S. and other countries in Europe and Asia, and explaining why public transportation is not popular or widespread in the U.S.

It's the people, not so much the existence of drugs.

In societies where everyone strictly adheres to rules and follows decent social protocols, you can have nice pleasant clean safe shared public spaces. But it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel.

I want you and progressives to think about what that means.

A lot of progressives in the U.S. have dreams about how they would expand public transportation and eliminate cars from roads, but in many cases these dreams are naive, and they seem to be carelessly doing just about everything possible to make sure the idea will never work.
Puffer Fish wrote:It seems you do not understand the point of this thread.
The point was highlighting the differences between the society in the U.S. and other countries in Europe and Asia, and explaining why public transportation is not popular or widespread in the U.S.

It's the people, not so much the existence of drugs.

In societies where everyone strictly adheres to rules and follows decent social protocols, you can have nice pleasant clean safe shared public spaces. But it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the barrel.

I want you and progressives to think about what that means.

A lot of progressives in the U.S. have dreams about how they would expand public transportation and eliminate cars from roads, but in many cases these dreams are naive, and they seem to be carelessly doing just about everything possible to make sure the idea will never work.

Automakers stand to lose millions of dollars if more Americans use public transportation more. In the US, these companies lobby in Congress and bribe officials to oppose any initiatives to improve public transportation. Blame it on good ole corruption.

Much of the US is rural. Who wants to make public transit more accessible for those in rural areas? Nobody, that's who. I live in a rural area. I have to drive to most places. Public transit isn't worth it for me. I'd have to drive to a bus stop, might as well drive anywhere I need to go.

If the thread is not about drug use, then maybe don't mention drugs in major cities.

A lot of residents in NY take the subway. But they don't all face sickos with knives. I'd say it's an isolated incident. The media loves to report on the outrageous events. One story is not representative of the subway conditions. Not everyone on the subway is crazy.

The fact that you're a genocide denier is pretty […]

@Rancid When the Republicans say the justice […]

:lol: ‘Caracalla’ and ‘Punic’, @FiveofSwords .[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]