Trump calls it like it is; the establishment can't take it - Page 675 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
“No, I can definitively say the president is not a liar,” Sanders told reporters at the White House during an off-camera briefing Thursday. “It’s frankly insulting that that question would be asked.” :eek: :lol:

"insulting" :lol: :lol: :lol:

MY GOD! this is surreal. Arguable the man's primary characteristic are his lies.

A whopping 70 percent of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false, while only 4 percent were completely true, and 11 percent mostly true.
Trump's defenders have literally said, "You can't take his words at face value, look into his big fat heart."

Today was great. Loving the right wing freakout and the desperate attempts to spin the narrative. Also Trump's budget lawyer who released a statement filled with misspellings. Lol, it turns out having a history of not taking advice and not paying people you hire can come back to bite you in the ass.
This whole process became a farce yesterday when two senior officials refused to answer the oversight committee's questions and even refused to give a reason for not doing so. Democracy is simply over.

1. Gerrymandering has given the republican party all it needs to stay in power indefinitely.

2. People sworn to uphold the constitution and report to congress blatantly refuse to do so. One a senior general who, it would appear, never gave a rat's ass about his oath of office in the first place.

3. Comey's "testimony" is a joke.

4. Republicans (my party) have completely lost their moral compass. Even stalwarts like McCain have lost their nerve.

Like most Americans I am loosing interest about this. It will plod on. President Trump will be reelected, the republicans will retain the house and senate and for those of us who are better off than most life will be good.

I certainly understand why our three overseas US haters are rejoicing. They are not smart enough to understand that the log is going to fall on them first.
You can't take Trump's words at face value because he shoots from the hip. What kind of president doesn't expect loyalty from the people who work for him? After decades in business and having no real legal or political education, it's a pretty normal thing to expect.

I was thinking earlier that SO has gotten oddly personal, maybe its hard to have to troll more typical people instead of raging fascists, communists and libertarians that used to be on here and get that same thrill. I can sympathize in a way since once you get used to something it's hard to look for something new. In other words, SO loved Rei more than any of us but he didn't realize it until it was too late.

Since I'm trying to abandon complex analysis, I'll just point out again that Trump can legally stop any FBI investigation and CNN IS ISIS INFOWARS.COM.

Edit: I am really worried that Drlee thinks Trump is winning because the man is wrong so consistently we could use him as a barometer by just doing the opposite of everything he says. If he thinks the GOP have won Trump is probably fucked :hmm:
I am a typical representative of a majority of the electoral college :excited: And if you were paying attention, me being in China is not exclusive of me being an American because there are tons of Chinese in America. Also, this is racism. SO is a racist! Zag, edit his post!

And at least I didn't have a meltdown about Trump losing the election.
So hypothetically could a sitting president pardon himself during an investigation or after being charged? Could he sign an undated executive order, hand it over to the speaker of the house and tell him to fill in the blanks if and when needed?
AFAIK wrote:So hypothetically could a sitting president pardon himself during an investigation or after being charged? Could he sign an undated executive order, hand it over to the speaker of the house and tell him to fill in the blanks if and when needed?

No, I don't think he could pardon himself. It would be going against the idea of checks and balances. Maybe the courts would have to be involved and consider the reasons for why he should be pardoned? I think it would be a waste of time and resources for the courts when they could be hearing more important cases.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Yeah it was awesome how Comey burned the shit out of Trump after the secret recordings tweet and how he got a special prosecutor appointed after he was fired.

That was a smart move on Trump's part lol

Trump comes out of this thing as the winner. Comey illustrated that he was in fact no boy scout. He took revenge on the president of the United States, and now we know that the special prosecutor is pointless, because Trump was never under investigation. That means that Comey wanted to misuse the law and US taxpayer resources for a personal vendetta. Is that legal?

Hong Wu wrote:I was thinking earlier that SO has gotten oddly personal, maybe its hard to have to troll more typical people instead of raging fascists, communists and libertarians that used to be on here and get that same thrill. I can sympathize in a way since once you get used to something it's hard to look for something new. In other words, SO loved Rei more than any of us but he didn't realize it until it was too late.

What's interesting is that SO was completely wrong about his election analysis too. Some people, like baltwade for example, would at least lay out a case for why they thought the political outcome would end with Hillary winning. People like SO think there is some way to create a wedge between Trump and his voters; hence, the pointless commentary. The bond between Trump and his voters just got a whole lot stronger, and people like SO don't understand why.

Comey showed himself to be a snake. Comey initiated a meeting with Trump. Comey decided he was going to make memos about it. Did he do this with Obama? Apparently not. Then, he holds on to the memos, and leaks them with the intent of getting a special counsel appointed. Yet, he did not leak that Trump was never a subject of the investigation. All of this was done by the establishment to hurt the president.

Hong Wu wrote:I am really worried that Drlee thinks Trump is winning because the man is wrong so consistently we could use him as a barometer by just doing the opposite of everything he says. If he thinks the GOP have won Trump is probably fucked

Trump is just fine. Drlee is despondent, because Comey pretty much self destructed. He claimed he was too weak to stand up to Trump, etc.

AFIAK wrote:So hypothetically could a sitting president pardon himself during an investigation or after being charged?

No. He can only pardon others. He was within his right to pardon Flynn if he wanted to, but there's nothing to pardon since Flynn didn't commit any crimes.
I'm fucking hard as a rock here bj, keep going. I love these hot takes from the shook MAGA chuds.

Oh no. He took notes: the absolute most basic step of any criminal investigation. Don't worry though, Trump's tapes will vindicate him lol.

Also it's nice to see I've gotten under your skin and Hong Wu's. And that, once again, you keep going back to the election because there has been nothing to cheer for ever since the inauguration, when everything went wrong.
They put him in a sensory deprivation tank filled with piss. It was the only way to calm him down.

Oh god I'm jizzing everywhere I love the whole "He took notes!!! The rat!!! The snitch!!!" argument. It's the classic MAGA chud line: Trump can not fail, he can only be failed. And I guess Comey failed Trump by not obstructing justice?

This is me, right now and all day long and especially after reading beej's post:

Yeah guys, lets get them to make something legal illegal, then retroactively punish Trump for it! This time it'll work!

Trump blocked me on Twitter, impeach!

Russia story is imploding, but Trump ran his mouth before firing someone in a totally legal way and not to cover up anything, this is the best anti-Trump news in awhile so I can see why certain people are excited. Firing your appointee when he wouldn't say he was loyal? Constitutional crisis :excited:

Edit: Apparently people are still pushing the Russian angle even after this. Mockery is honestly the only rational response at this point. People have had like a year to move on from an obvious hoax and aren't doing it. But I guess it makes sense because they realize some kind of underlying crime is necessary to justify what they want to a majority of people, admitting they don't have one would make them look too bad.
Stormsmith wrote:SO

Well, that's just it: without his Twitter-escape, the man's going to be apoplectic. He is already a very queer colour. This could be deadly

Which color? There was a running bet on what color he would be at the [/url=https://libertyviral.com/gambling-site-allows-bet-trumps-inauguration-skin-color/]inauguration.[/url]

Mong wrote:Trump blocked me on Twitter, impeach!

It might actually be illegal for Trump to block people from his @potus account as that would be a violation of the first amendment.

You are mistaken about this. Even if you studied […]

He is a bad candidate. He is the only candidat[…]

How do the tweets address the claims by the UN Rap[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The 2nd Punic War wasn't bad for Rome because a) […]