Montana Republicans censor legislator - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:even self styled progressives and leftists will have no problem ignoring civil rights violations if it aligns with their ideology.
Yes, that is exactly what you do.

You equate sex with gender and that is as anti-science as you can get, as you think belief and facts are one and the same. Your BS drips with sanctimony, but it's also delusional.

Civil rights violations? You mean like the trans people taking away the rights of actual women, right?

Pants-of-dog wrote:In this thread, you are on the side of the conservatives who are censoring someone for supporting life saving medical access for minors.
That's a lie. This is NOT life saving medical access. It's mutilation. The only thing children should receive is counseling. Facts don't support your lies.

They are discovering that many of the reasons for transitioning have nothing to do with gender dysmorphia, but people like you don't want to use common sense or exercise caution.

Even Sweden is putting a stop to it, and they've been the leading country in this.

Sweden puts brakes on treatments for trans minors
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... ans-minors

Understanding the reasons some transgender people quit treatment is key to improving it, especially for the rising number of minors seeking to medically transition, experts say. But for many researchers, detransitioning and regret have long been untouchable subjects.

The stories he heard convinced him that doctors need to provide detransitioners the same supportive care they give to young people to transition, and that they need to inform their patients, especially minors, that detransitioning can occur because gender identity may change. A few months ago, he decided to organize a symposium to share his findings and new perspective with other researchers, clinicians, and patients and their families.

Not everyone was willing to join the discussion. A Canadian health provider said it couldn’t participate, citing recent threats to hospitals offering youth gender care. An LGBTQ advocacy group refused to promote the event. MacKinnon declined to identify either, telling Reuters he didn’t want to single them out. Later, after he shared his findings on Twitter, a transgender person denounced his work as “transphobia.”

For this article, Reuters spoke to 17 people who began medical transition as minors and said they now regretted some or all of their transition. Many said they realized only after transitioning that they were homosexual, or they always knew they were lesbian or gay but felt, as adolescents, that it was safer or more desirable to transition to a gender that made them heterosexual. Others said sexual abuse or assault made them want to leave the gender associated with that trauma. Many also said they had autism or mental health issues such as bipolar disorder that complicated their search for identity as teenagers.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/sp ... -outcomes/

The trans ideology of child abuse is disgusting, @Pants-of-dog.
Godstud wrote:The trans ideology of child abuse is disgusting, @Pants-of-dog.

It really is. Anyone who sells these lies to children is dangerous. Detransitioning kids admit time and again that the adults in the room lied to them (they really believed them when told they could be the opposite of what they are and learned the hard way, after sterilising and mutilating themselves, that it is not possible).
If people are claiming that gender affirming care for minors does not save lives, the quoted study disproves the claim.

It also happens to show that Rep. Zephyr is being censored and censured for being right.
Pants-of-dog wrote:gender affirming care for minors does save lives

This is emotional blackmail and we know full well confused children are trained to threaten suicide to get what they want: "Would you rather a dead daughter or an alive son?" :knife: De-transitioners have told us this.

You support eugenics while pretending to care about children. You support the most modern misogyny posing as a civil rights movement, poorly, I might add.
Skinster already said it but you, @Pants-of-dog are too brainwashed into your trans ideology to see it. You also ignore the science provided when it contradicts what you believe.

You are also lying about the de-transitioning, too. De-transitioners are SILENCED by the medical and trans communities because it destroys the lying trans ideology. I provided evidence of this that you ignored.

skinster wrote:This is emotional blackmail and we know full well confused children are trained to threaten suicide to get what they want: "Would you rather a dead daughter or an alive son?" :knife: De-transitioners have told us this.
QFT. Facts can't get in the way of what these child abuses believe, however.

Gender affirming care does not need to be medical treatments that fuck up a person's biology, either. Counseling is available until people are an adult and then can make informed decisions about themselves. Teaching people to be happy in their own bodies should be the goal, not fucking up their lives simply because of how they feel on a particular day, when they are immature teenagers(who make poor decisions).
Godstud wrote:Gender affirming care does not need to be medical treatments that fuck up a person's biology, either. Counseling is available until people are an adult and then can make informed decisions about themselves.

They only seem to want to fuck up people's bodies and further fuck up these young minds who fall for the lie that one can change to the opposite of what they are. As for counseling, young girls who were quickly pushed on the "devastating experiment of puberty blockers" have spoken out about that and the lack of it offered in favour of the medical and surgical route.

Teaching people to be happy in their own bodies should be the goal

Teaching people to be comfortable in their bodies should indeed be the goal, but trans activists are not interested in that, they prefer the Big Pharma route.
Godstud wrote:…De-transitioners are SILENCED by the medical and trans communities because it destroys the lying trans ideology. I provided evidence of this ….

Please provide a link to the post where you cited the evidence.

Gender affirming care does not need to be medical treatments

The study cited previously did not list counselling as one of the interventions that reduced suicide rates.

However, counselling is used before any of the interventions listed in the study, so please note that counselling is already happening.
Godstud wrote:No, @Saeko, I did not contradict myself.
A trans woman(a man identifying as a woman) should not be speaking on women's(FEMALE) issues. They are not women(female). I don't care what you "identify" as, but that doesn't mean you are it. I have seen many trans people say exactly the same thing.

(When I use the term WOMAN, I am using it in the traditional sense, as in an adult human female, just to avoid modern confusion caused by trans activism)

...snip...

Godstud, by that logic, ISTM, that all men should not be allowed to speak or vote in a legislature about "women's issues",

I would be fine with that.

BTW, I tend to agree that transgirls and transwomen have given up their right to participte in sports, unless they compete with men or in special trans sports competitions.
. . . I think they can train with the girls in HS, but can't compete. IMHO.
. . . This would remove the point that someone else is being harmed by their transness. It doesn't address your view that minors can't make *informed decisions* no this or any topic.

OTOH, the best time to be acting to help a trans person is before they are 18 or 21. In the years between an age of 11 and 18, their bodies are programed to be making certain irreversable changes. ISTM, that doctors know that and some are suggesting the actions be taken before these body changes have been made, for the good of their patient.
. . . This seems to me to be an undecided issue at this time, but I'm not at all well informed on the science. I doube that many lay-people are well enough informed on this science to make informed decisisons on this entire subject.
Last edited by Steve_American on 07 May 2023 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
To clarify, @Steve_American, a trans-woman should not be speaking AS a woman. It's like me talking about my person experience having menstrual cramps, as a man.

I am 100% for helping trans people, but not for assisting in their transitions thru medical procedures(or drug treatments), especially if they are not adults. Helping someone transition as a child is child abuse. Pure and simple.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Please provide a link to the post where you cited the evidence.
I already did. You take great pains to ignore what I post.
Godstud wrote:To clarify, @Steve_American, a trans-woman should not be speaking AS a woman. It's like me talking about my person experience having menstrual cramps, as a man.

I am 100% for helping trans people, but not for assisting in their transitions thru medical procedures(or drug treatments), especially if they are not adults. Helping someone transition as a child is child abuse. Pure and simple.

I already did. You take great pains to ignore what I post.

Is the part I highlighted a big problem?

AFAIK, transwomen are speaking about the problems transwomen are having, not so much the problems women are having.

How should parents and their doctors respond to the rare case where their child at an age of 3 to 5 years old, demands for months or years, that they be treated as the other sex?
Steve_American wrote:Is the part I highlighted a big problem?
Yes, because they are incapable of speaking in this context. A trans woman has not grown up with the female experience or unique issues associated with being a female.

Steve_American wrote:How should parents and their doctors respond to the rare case where their child at an age of 3 to 5 years old, demands for months or years, that they be treated as the other sex?
:eh: It's a child. Are you fucking kidding me? Pretending children of that age are concerned about gender shouldn't be a concern for any sane human being. When people bring this up, they are just looking for the most bizarre circumstances every, despite this being a far-fetched fantasy. It's either that or THEY are projecting their own ideology on the child.

Children don't live in a vacuum and if you have a 6 year old child acting like a drag queen, then the parents are responsible for this deviant behavior in a child. I've seen it, and it's child abuse. Most people are just cowards and afraid to stand up against the trans-activists, however, because they are the most violent activists around.

Children also want to eat ice cream all day long. What do you do about that? :lol:
Godstud wrote:Yes, because they are incapable of speaking in this context. A trans woman has not grown up with the female experience or unique issues associated with being a female.

:eh: It's a child. Are you fucking kidding me? Pretending children of that age are concerned about gender shouldn't be a concern for any sane human being. When people bring this up, they are just looking for the most bizarre circumstances every, despite this being a far-fetched fantasy. It's either that or THEY are projecting their own ideology on the child.

Children don't live in a vacuum and if you have a 6 year old child acting like a drag queen, then the parents are responsible for this deviant behavior in a child. I've seen it, and it's child abuse. Most people are just cowards and afraid to stand up againstthe trans-activists, however, because they are the most violent activists around.

Children also want to eat ice cream all day long. What do you do about that? :lol:

The algorithim at YouTube and Google may not show you what you don't want to be shown.

OTOH, I have seem 2 YouTube videos by families with 3 year olds who are asserting that they are the wrong sex.

Maybe you caan find them. I didn't bookmark them, sorry.

So, I don't think this problem never happens. I have seen some evidence that it does.

No doubt it is rare. But, it does happen.

Are you asserting that transactivists are more violent than the activists who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6th?
Steve_American wrote:OTOH, I have seem 2 YouTube videos by families with 3 year olds who are asserting that they are the wrong sex.
That's bonkers and you know it. Children of that age don't have the concept of gender or sex. If they do it's because someone taught them to be like that. I don't give a shit about some stupid Youtube videos of deviant parents who brainwashed their small children into an ideology. It's offensive to the extreme.

Steve_American wrote:No doubt it is rare. But, it does happen.
Bullshit! It's taught. A 3 year old doesn't just say they're the "wrong sex".

Steve_American wrote:Are you asserting that transactivists are more violent than the activists who stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6th?
They are as capable of violence and death threats as anyone else. Pretending they are not is pure delusion. Strangely enough, most of the death threats these days come from these activists.

Jan 6 wasn't as violent as people claim it was. It was no more violent than some of the BLM riots, if we want to do comparisons.

1 police officer was killed
1 rioter was killed by a police officer
1 rioter was killed accidentally crushed by other rioters
1 man had a heart attack,
and 1 from a stroke(they are listed as deaths on Jan 6 for some odd reason).
So, these 5 deaths on Jan 6 were dishonestly represented in the MSM.

Police investigating JK Rowling death threat after trans activist urged Twitter users to send bomb to author's home
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -bomb.html

Riley Gaines was attacked for speaking out on behalf of women. Women's rights take a back seat to delusional trans people, however.

I am done with you @Pants-of-dog. I posted sources you have repeatedly ignored, and I am not going to keep playing your stupid game. I know how you argue. At this point, you're just spouting trans activist rhetoric. You've been sold a lie, but believe what you want.
@Godstud

What is your argument?

You are doing this thing where you claim to have made some argument pages ago but refuse to tell me what the argument is.

That is not how debate works.

If you cannot find the energy or will to even tell me what your argument is, please stop posting here and go get a blog.

Allow me to remind you this war started precisely[…]

[T]he [N]orth did not partake in the institution […]

Who is? The protest at the U of A did not do tha[…]

Is it happening to you right now? Bring on the vi[…]