Iran Isn't Threatening Us Or Israel With Nukes, Why Are We? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By redcarpet
wow. I never thought I'd be agreeing with Demo so much

Demo just demolished the non-issue ;)
By NoRapture
Demo just demolished the non-issue
I agree. He gave the answer I was looking for and more. I was not aware of the IAEA and our agreement to help with nuclear reactors. Thanks Demo.
By jaycola
Tehran uses Canada in backdoor smuggling plans
... Iran aggressively targets Canada and other Western countries in a bid to smuggle sophisticated materials for its nuclear weapons program, says a top border security official...Last week, Canadian officials detained a shipment of microchips believed bound for Iran...Officials suspect the microchips have potential use as navigational chips...

Last April, the RCMP charged a Toronto man with attempting to procure and export 10 items banned from shipment to Iran.

Mahmoud Yadegari, 38, who came to Canada from Iran in 1998, was charged with trying to export pressure transducers. The items have a legitimate commercial use, but may also be used in centrifuges to produce enriched uranium. Police said he was red-flagged after he tried to purchase the transducers from a Boston-area firm, for shipment to Toronto, then onto Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.

Since the UN issued a complete ban three years ago on exports of such materials to Iran, Tehran has worked to try to circumvent the controls, Webb said. Canada does not know to what extent Iran has been successful, "but we have to guess they have been," he added.
http://thestar.ca/news/canada/article/704272

I know when I read that Iranians in Canada are trying to illicitly ship navigational componants and enrichment technology to Iran, I cease to believe that the intentions of Iran's nuclear program is exclusivly for peaceful purposes.
By NoRapture
I know when I read that Iranians in Canada are trying to illicitly ship navigational componants and enrichment technology to Iran, I cease to believe that the intentions of Iran's nuclear program is exclusivly for peaceful purposes.
You mean they might have some defensive concerns? Like those of Europe and America? How dare they!
By Genghis Khan
Why are we threatening Iran? They are not, and never have threatened us or Israel with nukes. Simple question.

Israel has never threatened Iran. Iran HAS directly threatened Israel. Add the fact that they're building a nuclear bomb and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say: "maybe we should check this out."

If Iran becomes a nuclear power, everybody will follow suit and this already volatile region will become explosive and threaten nations near and far alike.

Maybe the U.S and Israel wouldn't be so worried if the president of Iran was Moussavi, the one who "lost" the rigged election, and not Ahmadinejad, who keeps spewing anti Israeli rhetoric wherever he goes.
By NoRapture
Israel has never threatened Iran.
Every time Israel relocates, usurps the home of another, or claims hundreds of square miles of new territory it is a threat to Iran and everyone else in the region. Every time the US sends in its bombs, planes, and military to places like Iraq and Afghanistan for no specific reasoning it is a giant threat to Iran. Until you can quote, in real context, these direct threats to Israel that Iran has made you are talking bullshit. Generally predicting a just outcome for Israel's very violent and aggressive behavior in the Middle East is not the same as a direct threat of attack by any means.

Rocket science for an Iranian is simply counting rockets. The ones created and housed that have been liberally used against Iran by the U.S., Europe, and Israel. Americans and Israelis, high and hallucinating on their dumb, hot-blooded, over-the-top jingoistic nationalism are always too blind to see the actual threats to human life they create and carry out themselves on a daily, weekly, yearly basis.
Last edited by NoRapture on 02 Oct 2009 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
By Thunderhawk
Iran Isn't Threatening Us Or Israel With Nukes, Why Are We?

They cant - yet. They have stated a desire to do so.
By NoRapture
They cant - yet. They have stated a desire to do so.
When did Iran state a desire to attack someone with nuclear weapons? Or institutionally attack anyone at all for reasons other than direct border threats from us, of which they've had many. When the US has been attacked, as Iran has, we send planes packed with death to kill hundreds of thousands indiscriminately on the other side of the world. Iran merely voices a warning against more incursions on her borders and she is the enemy?
By Genghis Khan
Every time Israel relocates, usurps the home of another, or claims hundreds of square miles of new territory it is a threat to Iran and everyone else in the region.

Israel's no angel, but saying she poses an existential threat to other arab nations is just moronic, nor is there a single piece of evidence to support such a claim.

Until you can quote, in real context, these direct threats to Israel that Iran has made

There's the prez saying: "Death to Israel!"

Also note he said: "With god's help, the countdown button for the destruction of the zionist regime has been pushed... by god's help, we will witness the destruction of this regime."

On 26 October 2005 Ahmadinejad gave a speech at a conference in Tehran entitled "World Without Zionism".
he agreed with a statement he attributed to Ayatollah Khomeini that the "occupying regime" had to be removed, and referred to it as a "disgraceful stain [on] the Islamic world", that needed to be "wiped from the pages of history."[164]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ah ... ith_Israel

Did he ever say the words: "I will destroy Israel"?

No, he didn't. Not that I've heard of, anyway.

Is that enough of a reason to ignore the fact that, among other things, he said, in so many words: "Death to Israel"?

You have got to be fuckin' kidding me...
By dgun
Iran can't threaten anyone with nukes because they don't have any.
By RonPaulalways
Genghis wrote:Israel has never threatened Iran. Iran HAS directly threatened Israel. Add the fact that they're building a nuclear bomb and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say: "maybe we should check this out."

Iran has never threatened Israel. Wishing for a country to fail or collapse is different than making a threat. Israel has repeatedly threatened Iran with a military attack as a matter of policy.

There's the prez saying: "Death to Israel!"

That's not a threat.
By Socrates Johnson
That's not a threat.

It could be interpreted, along with other statements, as a statement of intent to do harm.
By Genghis Khan
Iran has never threatened Israel. Wishing for a country to fail or collapse is different than making a threat. Israel has repeatedly threatened Iran with a military attack as a matter of policy.

Are you seriously telling me that Iran is a peace loving country that wishes Israel no harm and that Israel's threats are completely unprovoked?

That's not a threat.

So if Ron Paul, your high school sweetheart, would get a call that says: "Death to Ron Paul!" and says things like: "Ron Paul's demise is imminent!", and then the same guy went out and got some guns and knows where he lives, that Ron Paul would be wrong to ask the police to look into it?
By Suska
Are you seriously telling me that Iran is a peace loving country that wishes Israel no harm and that Israel's threats are completely unprovoked?
Reasonable people factor self-interest into the equation, in which case they will avoid a war if possible. You don't encourage peace making unreasonable demands and assuming they're all insane. Or is it really a war you prefer?
By RonPaulalways
Quote:

Israel's threats are designed to preempt the rise of any potential competitor to it in the middle east, and are not a reaction to any threats made against it by Iran.

My point is, Iran has never threatened Israel, and Israel has threatened Iran, in contrast to what you initially said.

Quote:
That's not a threat.

So if Ron Paul, your high school sweetheart, would get a call that says: "Death to Ron Paul!" and says things like: "Ron Paul's demise is imminent!", and then the same guy went out and got some guns and knows where he lives, that Ron Paul would be wrong to ask the police to look into it?

The context is important. Iranian leaders use "death to [object of scorn]" very often, and have not followed it up with any sort of action to make that wish a reality, so it's clearly not meant to be a threat, but rather an expression of hatred.
By NoRapture
Did he ever say the words: "I will destroy Israel"?

No, he didn't. Not that I've heard of, anyway.
Is that enough of a reason to ignore the fact that, among other things, he said, in so many words: "Death to Israel"?
Yes, chanting Death To Israel should be ignored just as Israel's chants of "Get out of your homes and regions!" should be ignored by Palestinians and others. Unsuccessfully ignored, sadly.

And, No. Ahmadinejad did not say he would destroy Israel. Nor did he ever say, "We will destroy Israel." Nor has he ever implied he would, laid out timed or planned ultimatums for the destruction of Israel or anywhere else. As we have Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. All because of a crime on 9/11 that resulted in an ignorant, hillbilly war-cry in place of an investigation.

Chanting, Death To Israel, does not get it as a reason for aggressive action against anyone. Particularly those who have already experienced bloody death due to the aggressive actions of the West.

Fucking slow death to the bigot-coward, Rush Limbaugh too while we're at it.
By jaycola
Following are excerpts from statements by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, which aired on the Iranian News Channel on February 20 and 24, 2008:

February 20, 2008

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: With regard to the nuclear issue, the enemy not only wanted to prevent us from producing a bomb, from producing [nuclear] fuel, from enriching uranium, and from achieving advanced technologies. Even though all these things are of great importance, and today's enemies of humanity are very anxious that the Iranian people will accomplish them one day, they are even more anxious because the Iranian people are steadfast in their nobility, in their grandeur, and in their defense of the human and divine honor and sanctity of the Iranian people.

Very soon, this act by the Iranian people will be imitated by all the peoples. The peoples will arise, one after the other, and will drag the superpowers of arrogance off their thrones.

Take a look at our region. They have created a filthy black germ, known as the Zionist regime, in order to set it loose on the peoples of the region, like a wild beast, and in order to use it as a pretext to impose their policy on the peoples of the region.

They are so devoid of human qualities that in full view of billions of people, they threaten to carry out assassinations. They assassinate devout and patriotic believers, and then they hold celebrations. You saw what they did to the brave son of Lebanon ['Imad Mughniya], who stood up to the brutal Zionist invasion into the land of Lebanon, and who humiliated the Zionists.

February 24, 2008

Their problem is that they are not yet familiar with the Iranian people. They are not yet familiar with the strength and greatness of the Iranian people. That is why they make mistakes time and again.

We consider the [nuclear] issue a done deal. From now on, anything they do will be an attempt to get attention. Nothing important will come of it anywhere in the world. That's the kind of thing superpowers do sometimes. Let them do so. Maybe they will get somebody's attention, but the Iranian people will not pay them any attention. If they decide to keep this up, we have a response already prepared, and any country that takes action [by imposing sanctions] will see that the Iranian people will act differently toward it. They should know that we will act differently, whether it is a European country or not. If they take any action, whether by putting a freeze on finances or products, they should know that we have prepared firm action against this. We will not joke around with any of them.

They must apologize to us. They have delayed our progress for four or five... for two and a half years. They have stopped our scientific development in important nuclear matters. They owe us. They must compensate us.

It sounds to me that he is intent on getting a nuclear bomb...
By NoRapture
It sounds to me that he is intent on getting a nuclear bomb...
IF he gets a nuclear bomb, and IF Iran is attacked indiscriminately by us or our Iraq border stand-ins and strongmen as they have been many times in the past, and IF they are left with no other alternative but to defend themselves they might be in a position to threaten someone. But Iran does not have access to a nuclear weapon. Iran cannot successfully defend itself from border incursion by us. And Iran does not have an alternative or threat of any kind to stop an invading, bombing U.S. or Israel.

So drooling, "DA-A They Are Really, Really Trying Tah Get A NOOOK-YUH-LERR Bomb!!" every five minutes is a completely meaningless and idiotic statement. We're really, really trying to seize control of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Iran too but trying doesn't mean much for us does it? Now, if we just had an excuse to bomb the whole region back to the fucking stone age and save the oil resources we'd be getting somewhere, huh? Hey, I know!
DA-A, They Are Really, Really Trying Tah Get DUH NOOOK-YUH-LERR BOMB!!!
Last edited by NoRapture on 03 Oct 2009 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
By RonPaulalways
jaycola, I don't see where he said he wants to get a nuclear bomb. Could you also provide a link to that transcript?

Chimps are about six times stronger than the aver[…]

Leftists have often and openly condemned the Octo[…]

Yes, It is illegal in the US if you do not declar[…]

Though you accuse many people ("leftists&quo[…]