Iran Isn't Threatening Us Or Israel With Nukes, Why Are We? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Genghis Khan
the people you are agreeing with in terms of what Iran is, and what they've done...are the same people who DO and WILL support an invasion.

So what do you want me to do about it? To not agree with them on certain points that I agree with them on?

That isn't my fault. Your argument made that happen and you specifically asked for proof.

Proof - yes. Countless links to points I never disagreed on - no.

Well I support government that works for the people, not government working for just a few of the people. Whether that ends up being big or small by some arbitrary definition is immaterial to me.

Groovey. Then we agree.

Of course they do. They have everything to do with it.

Don't see how. All I said is that after all of the stuff Ahmadinejad said and the fact that Iran's building nukes and have already financially supported Hezbollah in their attacks on Israel, it would not be weird to me if Israel insisted on holding Iran accountable.

Again, you are assuming Iran is really a threat even though they haven't been any kind of threat for expansion in quite some time

Here you go with the expansion again. Threats can be achieved in other ways, like the one I just outlined.

Simply because they have a loud mouth President.

A loud mouth president matters. Especially when he's this loony and aggressive in his rhetoric, in a way that no other Iranian leader has been for quite a while now.

Really? You Do realize I'm in a Red state and a dark read county that voted 67% for McCain? And you don't think my county is simply a statistical aberration do you?

Still... seems like a stretch.

Still, my concern is that you are enabling those who do support preemptive wars to set up the circumstances they need to carry out yet another war.

Again, I'm not going to artificially change my points just so I can distance myself from war mongers. Hitler loved dogs and so do I. Am I supposed to say I hate dogs so I won't sound like him?

Then there is the ramping up of the war in Afghanistan...and I think...ugh, not again...

It's a necessary war, because unlike Iran, it's a war against people who have killed thousands and want to kill more. It doesn't get more justifiable than this.

And again I point to the very long list of US interventions that would seem to indicate otherwise. While never explicitly calling for...wiping any of these nations off the map, by default in nations like the Philippines, we came pretty close.

So Iran is OK to blame the political environment on this? That's like saying: "Hey what do you want? It's the violent video game that caused me to take a gun and shoot a neighbor!"

Really? So all those people who have either correctly or incorrectly demonized Bush should be inspected as well then?

There's a difference between people and presidents. When presidents say hateful stuff, it carries a hell of a lot more weight.

Further, if I'm to understand correctly that the "Wipe Israel off the map" quote is incorrect, I wonder how many of these other translations are also incorrect?

If you keep going this route, you'll eventually say that what he really said was: "I love you Israel. I hope nobody wipes you off the map!"

Which world leaders are walking out? And when?

Diplomats have walked out of a UN anti-racism conference during a speech by the Iranian president in which he described Israel as "totally racist".

The walkout by delegates from at least 30 countries happened within minutes of the start of the speech.

Most officials planned to return later to participate in the rest of the conference, although the Czech delegation announced it would join the boycott.

The US, Israel, Canada, Australia, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and New Zealand had all boycotted the conference being held in Geneva, in protest at Mr Ahmadinejad's appearance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8008572.stm

I guarantee had Bush been able to whip up the kind of support he got for the Iraq war, we would already be in Iran as well.

It's easy to talk in retrospect. It's all hypothetical.

If Iran is feeling pressed by Israel

Israel hasn't so much as acknowledged Iran before this entire thing with Ahmadinejad got started.

"Wipe the Israeli regime from the pages of time"

It ain't the same thing as wiped off the map.

Oh please. That's like shoving a finger in my face and saying: "I'm not touching you.."

Just because he said everything except: "i will destroy Israel", that supposed to make me feel better?

This comment simply serves to derail two different contexts that had nothing to do with each other.

And now you've managed to contradict yourself yet again.

Before you said you wanted me to apply the same standards on foreign issues that I do on domestic, even though they're unrelated. Now when I ask you to do the same, it's: "two different contexts that had nothing to do with each other."

And no, I don't care if I have to pay more money for gasoline or other cheap and mostly worthless products.

Well, since I only have a limited amount of money, I kinda do.

Clearly this refers to Zionism and is not implicitly antisemitic.

Oh, so he just hates Israelis, but not all semitic people? I'm sleeping better already.

They may as well be.

OK. Who isn't "press"?

The IAEA isn't much more than yet another US based organization.

It's an international organization who reports to the U.N, is stationed in Vienna and has two main offices in Canada and Japan with an Egyptian president who is about to be replaced by a Japanese.

You're wrong.

Yet nothing about actually having one.

So they have acquired all that they need to build a bomb so they... won't build a bomb? That was a waste of time.
By RonPaulalways
Quote:
Clearly this refers to Zionism and is not implicitly antisemitic.

Oh, so he just hates Israelis, but not all semitic people? I'm sleeping better already.

Hating a political ideology and government is not the same thing as hating a people. That's like saying that Bush and Clinton hated Iraqis because they supported a policy to overthrow Saddam.
By Socrates Johnson
Hating a political ideology and government is not the same thing as hating a people.

Support of Hezbollah and/or Hamas indicates a certain amount of animosity toward the people in question though.
By RonPaulalways
Not necessarily, if they thought that was the only way to resist the government they opposed. The USSR was an ally of the UK/US in WW2, despite being a murderous government that butchered/raped German civilians, Poles and its own population..

How about spaghetti tacos ? Such is the innovativ[…]

Yes, it foes seem like the defenders of the genoc[…]

Hypersonic Weapons

Didn't Ukraine shoot down a bunch of Russian hype[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting look at the nuclear saber rattling Pu[…]