David Lange receives 'alternative Nobel' - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By CasX
Efrem, do you really have to type any old thing that comes into your head?

There are probably less than 4 million terrorists in the world, but they sure have the world's attention.
By Efrem Da King
K I looked it up and your right, but there are more people in my state than your entire country!! 2 mill more in fact.
By CasX
Look man, I don't care.

They're all aussies anyway :p

You've probably never even heard of David Lange (who this thread started with).
By ISM
K I looked it up and your right, but there are more people in my state than your entire country!! 2 mill more in fact.

Why continue beating that point? It's already dead - it's been disproven. Are you now just trying to discredit NZ in some way? Wouldn't that just be your rampant testosterone talking?
By Efrem Da King
Because that is why australia is targeted and your little powerless country is not, as opposed to the reasoning you (in the vaguest possible meaning of the word) give, that it is because austrlia is the US's ally.
By ISM
Ah, I see now, totally. Australia is being targeted because it is a bit bigger than NZ. Nothing to do with being pro-US. You've won me over with your superior reasoning (in the strongest possible meaning of the word).

PS: I'm Australian.

Back to the original topic, David Lange does seem like a man that isn't afraid to speak out:
"Life at the time was full of unpleasant surprises. State-sponsored terrorism was a crime against humanity as long as it wasn"t being practiced by the allies, when it was studiously ignored."
- http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/sp/sp_f1.htm

CasX, do you know much about whether he was a good Prime Minister at the time? Was he as rational and sharp witted then, or is it only in hindsight that he has become like this?
By Yeddi
why isn't China being targeted then? It has over 1 billion people, wouildn't that be alot better than a measly 20million from Aus?
By Efrem Da King
*PSST* China isn't a western country you idiot

YOur making us aussies look bad. Then again you are from melbourne.....

Go right ahead 8) .
By Proctor
Efrem, you obviously weren't listening. ISM pointed out that Norway only has half a million more people than New Zealand, and they are on the list. So can you really say that population and 'westernness' are the only two factors in the calculation of terrorist threat?

CasX, I was thinking the same thing about him never having heard of Lange, and then I thought, why would he? I know I can't name the leader of Australia from the early eighties, why should he be expected to know the leader of New Zealand?
By Efrem Da King
:( Why can't any of the other australians be rightwing??? Has SBS become that powerfull??
By Catria
Well, we've got a right-wing government. What more do you want...?
On Self Interest

@Wellsy But if we were to define "moral […]

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]