I don't understand: Queen of England is New Zealand's Queen - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Yeddi
She's the Queen of Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, St Christopher and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu.and the United Kingdom of Great Briton and Northern Ireland and it'sterritories.

What i don't understand about the Queen, Is why she is called HRH Queen Elizabeth II, when Australia has never had a Queen Elizabeth I.. :eh:
By Efrem Da King
........hmmmm

NO we certainly didn''t. BUT australia is being considered part of britain who did.
By Ocker
Kill the monarchy!

Seriously, I see no need for relics of the empire to remain, especially the Governor-General.
By Proctor
Well, she's Head of State for all the Commonwealth, unless I'm mistaken. So yes, she's the Queen of England, and she's Queen of New Zealand. Unless, of course, you would prefer to acknowledge the Maori Queen (who, incidentally, I'm distantly related to).
By Thin Spirits
Proctor for Queen!

No, I agree its a relic and completely outdated, but as it stands so far, No one (most noteably of our generation) can relate to any form of governmennt, let alone a head-of-state who isn't even a countryman (or woman)

To put it bluntly, it works and no one can be fucked goinhg to the effort of changing it. We dont hate the british, we just cant realte to them; and they're kinda amusing in their british-kind of way. :D
By Ásatrúar
You poor people should've had a revolution like the Yanks.
By Yeddi
I'd prefer the current system of government to one like the Americans.

Australians aren't like the americans, we just don't give a shit.

Personally i'm happy with the way it is. The Queen sits there on her throne and doesn't bother us, its better than having another bloody "Most Popular Millionaire award" every 3-4 years, aka. Presidential election.
By GandalfTheGrey
If Australia had a popular vote for head of state, we'd have Steve Waugh or Pat Rafter or (shudders) Ray Martin as president. So, no thank you Ted Mack, we prefer things the way it is.

[edit: oh and one more thing: a popularly elected president would have a mandate meaning they could not be the benign figurehead they are now, which would open up a terrible can of worms. The current system works, so stick with it I say.]
By Yeddi
Exactly Gandalf, The current system works well but if you really must spit from the Queen, the one change i would condone is simply renaming the GG president, adn changing nothing else.

Oh and Gandalf, it could've been alot worse than some sportsman. In fact in 1999 with the Referendum, some mag/newspaper anticipated as our first President...

Eddie Maguire :eek: :knife:
By Efrem Da King
Yes but what if we could have a hot chick as president!! Just think of all the posseblities!!
By unbalanced zealot
:knife: Bring back the guillotine.

That's the traditional way to get rid of a monarchy
and the dubious class system it stands for.
By Yeddi
And they're probably thinking, I hate that Cult of Wong Fei who posts on POFo. Kill him.

What effect is that going to have? One i can think of is making the Monarchy even stronger, Remember what happened when Diana died?
PLus the fac there are hundreds of people connected to the monarchy, would you really kill someone who had no power, hell they can't even vote! they have no influence on you whatsoever!
By Truth-a-naut
Maybe its different in Australia, but the Queen really makes Canadian money look tacky.
By unbalanced zealot
Yep - fair comments in return ... but still ... I'd be happy to see them all dead.
Glad that bitch Di is
By Truth-a-naut
I do that drooling thing when I sleep...

Napoleon was not that bad, he united france and the revolution inspired America.
By unbalanced zealot
Goldstein wrote:I do that drooling thing when I sleep...

:lol: :lol: classic.

Napoleon was not that bad, he united france and the revolution inspired America.

yeh - Napoleon ... probably a mix between good and bad.

Anyone seen that take off of him in the movie Time Bandits?
I can't think of Napoleon without also thinking of that movie.
By Yeddi
Goldstein wrote:Maybe its different in Australia, but the Queen really makes Canadian money look tacky.

We only have the Queen on coins, not on notes except for some $5

Cult of Wong Fei, The Royal Family are people, they're nothing more. The fact that you could condone the death of them is disgusting. They are no different from you or i. I'm sure you would not like anyone preying for the death of your family, or celebratng when your mother dies in a car crash. Thats just damn sick in my opinion.

And the IRA "knocked off" Lord Mountbattan for the record. He was a really great guy so i heard. My grandfather served with him during the 2nd World War.

I just don't understand how people can wish for and enjoy the deaths of anyone, especially people as harmless and powerless as the Royal Fmaily
By Ásatrúar
Queen: "Oh be quiet my little penal colony!"
By Political Interest
I am a citezen of New Zealand I decide if she is my queen or not I am a self governing individual and I say she is not and I dont want her to die I just dont like her.

I wouldnt bow for her or speak formally to her or anything I have no respect for ordinary people who are born into titles.

@QatzelOk I edited my last post just for you […]

Have you ever thought of why we support Ukraine? W[…]

The tomb certainly exists, doesn’t mean Abraham e[…]

...And the Jewish Agency, which took the governme[…]