Germany wants nuclear weapons - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
:eh:

German article, with paywall, but you can read a bit from the start:

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inl ... 21490.html
German security policy relies entirely on the American nuclear umbrella. But Washington could turn its back on Europe. Then Berlin would only have bad options.

Oh really ? I know this strange foreign country in a galaxy far far away. You might have heard of it someday.

Its called France.

And it has nuclear weapons.

And heck I'm pretty sure we germans could be friends with them quite easily. We even once have been a single nation, under Charlemagne.

I mean, sure. It was 1,200 years ago. But we've never been one nation with UK, USA, Russia, China, India, Israel, Pakistan, Israel, or North Korea.

Wait a minute, I think we are even friends with France, right now ! Since 80 years. Oooooooooh !

Only bad options, my ass. :lol:

P.s.: You hear statements like that every once in a while, so I figured I should comment on this.
Let me get this straight. You want to rely on the French to protect you in the event that a continental or world war breaks out…? :eh:

What could possibly go wrong? :excited:
Negotiator wrote:

You hear statements like that every once in a while, so I figured I should comment on this.

Did you have a point?

With Putin's army threatening, and that includes nuclear threats, having a deterrence is the only sane option.

Germany is looking at the rise of fascism in America, and that Republicans have ties to Putin... and they are making the only conclusion that makes sense.

MAD works.
Potemkin wrote:Let me get this straight. You want to rely on the French to protect you in the event that a continental or world war breaks out…? :eh:

What could possibly go wrong? :excited:

Far less than with the USA, which just attacked our pipeline ?

late wrote:With Putin's army threatening,

He doesnt.
Negotiator wrote:Far less than with the USA, which just attacked our pipeline ?

But what if it is the French that are attacking you? :excited:

Negotiator wrote:He doesnt.

Putin is not threatning Germany, no. He wants a Grand Alliance and devide Poland again. ;)
Negotiator wrote:

He doesnt.

Tell that to Ukraine, which has been fighting him since 2014.

Or Georgia.

Or the Chechens..

If he isn't fighting, he's getting ready to start one......
With or without America, Germany can't have nukes either way. They also can't even have a serious military able to threaten anyone in Europe or beyond anyway because France and Russia would ally, and possibly turn, against them immediately. They could take part in a common European/Continental security system together with France and Russia, though, and they also would be allowed to sell arms abroad as they're now.
Negotiator wrote:Far less than with the USA, which just attacked our pipeline ?

With all due respect, the pipe belongs to the source more than the recipient.
@Negotiator Germany can within 2 hours become a nuclear power... Such studies exist! (This was revealed 10 years ago in a talkshow by a CDU-politician)

The French army is the last real army in EU because an army is huge killing commando, not a place for gender ideology.

For example the Israeli Army has also women, but for different tasks then man, Israel can not afford gender ideology, because they need a real army.

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]