Central Europe, Pedophiles get just Probation - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Two issues. First, you did not actually link to a specific article or story, so it's hard to have a discussion about this.

What exactly are you talking about?

Second, the story at the top of that search result happened in Berlin in the 1960s, which you'll remember was cut off and isolated, and the city was divided. This was during the Soviet occupation of Eastern Germany. Those were tough times. But it was also the beginning of "the Sexual Revolution" and some very crazy sexual times in some parts of Europe, especially Denmark, the Netherlands, and parts of Germany.

According to that article, a caseworker revealed that the foster father "appeared to be having a homosexual relationship" with one of the children in the household, and a public prosecutor launched an investigation, but a sex expert convinced the prosecutor not to intervene.

See related thread about the damage that a twisted perverted sex expert caused when people trusted his advice:
"The Tragic Story of a Boy turned into a Girl"
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=182046

The tragedies in both of these stories fall into the logical fallacy called "Trust the Experts".

Molestation can severely psychologically damage children causing them problems that last for life.
(And yes, I did once talk to a gay 16-year-old person that said he enjoyed being molested as a child, but despite him not seeming to have a problem with it there was nevertheless plenty of evidence that it might have messed him up, since he had many severe emotional/psychological problems)

Sandzak wrote:Pedophilia is according psychology, below 13 Years.

I think it's important to make that distinction. Yes, if we are specifically talking about below 13 years, that is very different from above 13 years. (Even though there may be a little bit overlap and some similarities)

People do have a tendency to want to lump it all together and overgeneralise with broad brush strokes.

For most people, even giving intellectual thought to this is like handling a hot potato. You want to throw the whole thing in the trash can as soon as possible, and don't want to think about the details too much. It's easy to just lump it all together as the same evil. Even though in reality there are some significant stratifications between very different levels of evil.

Maybe I am taking this off topic, but in the past I posted a news story about a 13 year old African American boy that went on a gay sex hook-up site and agreed to meet up and have sex with an older man. Even though that is still bad, that is nowhere anywhere near as bad as what most of us would envision as an "ordinary molestation".

"Man sentenced to life in prison for sex with 13 year old"
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=180827

I understand that, but my point was that speciati[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]