A few questions on Liberalism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Hey folks, Ive been stalking this forum for absolutely ages!

I am a revolutionary marxist and regularly partake in direct action.

I just have a few questions on fundamental elements of Liberalism, and a few questions if you could fill me in on.

1. Do liberals hate the state?
2. Why do liberals believe that power tends to corrupt, and how do they think it can be ‘tamed’?
3. Why have liberals sometimes questioned the benefits of democracy?
4. What are the key features of classical liberalism?
5. What are the key features of modern liberalism?

not looking for an entire essay unless you really feel like I deserve it, I'll be around looking at some of the communist stuff.

~peace n love 8)
By Cartertonian
Greetings, Arnie.

I suspect what you will get in response to this query is a range of lectures on what might or moght not be considered to constitute 'liberalism'. :hmm:
By Okonkwo
Cartertonian wrote:I suspect what you will get in response to this query is a range of lectures on what might or moght not be considered to constitute 'liberalism'. :hmm:

Of course he could just try to look it up, which is rather convenient and won't give him answers reeking of ideological close-mindedness. May I suggest Encyclopedia Britannica or the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy?

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]