Why should gays be allowed to marry? - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Godstud
It's doubly hard when the troll is the OP.
By LiquidPony
DanDaMan wrote:No, you are not for what's best.
Your entire post is riddled with indecision and contradiction.
You cannot commit to abstinence as the best method.

You are incompetent.

If you keep up with the personal attacks, I will report you.

Repeatedly calling people "incompetent" without qualification is no different than calling them stupid.

In the future, please remember to treat your fellow posters with respect. You are violating several forum rules by repeatedly leveling insults at your peers.

Thanks.
By DanDaMan
PBV... someone else thinks you're not competent after two years on this forum!^
By Stormsmith
Good luck Pony. I cant figure out why the mods let him get away with this hate-lesbians speak
By DanDaMan
Good luck Pony. I cant figure out why the mods let him get away with this hate-lesbians speak

I don't recall ever saying I hated lesbians.
I just said they were not the equal of heterosexual parents because they teach a child fathers are irrelevant. They are second best.
By LiquidPony
DanDaMan wrote:PBV... someone else thinks you're not competent after two years on this forum!^

Forum Rules wrote:Forum Rules: No one line posts please. Your continued use of the Politics Forum is subject to your full agreement with the forum rules & terms of use.

It's like he's asking for a yellow card ...

stormsmith wrote:Good luck Pony. I cant figure out why the mods let him get away with this hate-lesbians speak

I'm not even concerned with that, really. It's just the spamming of the "YOU'RE INCOMPETENT!" insult, coupled with the refusal to address the valid responses to the OP, which are driving me crazy.
By DanDaMan
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Learn it.. Live it!
By Godstud
DanDaMan, you are the ONLY person who said fathers are irrelevant so get your facts straight!
By LiquidPony
DanDaMan wrote:Learn it.. Live it!

Touché.
By Lightman

Dan, you know that Heinlein was a libertarian? Whose arguably most famous novel, Stranger in a Strange Land, included a free love cult where everyone was bisexual as the heroes?
By N'Djamena
Hmm. Fathers are definitely relevant. Two male parents would be just as good as two female parents.

Gays should be allowed to marry because that's what makes them happy. It's love. <3
By Karl_Bonner_1982
Equal rights, which is a fundamental tenet of Americanism. Actually the marriage issue is not a priority for me. I'm far more concerned about economic discrimination, hate/violence, gays in the military, anti-gay bullying in the schools, gay-inclusive sex ed curriculum, and confronting "conversion therapy." Also the various cultural stereotypes about LGBT people and increasing visibility in the social scenes that we are not stereotypically associated with, such as aggressive sports, religion and ministry, and hip-hop culture to name a few.

What I really want to see is a movie or video game where the protagonist just happens to be gay but this fact does not directly relate to the plot. Or an openly gay political candidate whose main campaign issue is something totally unrelated. What I'd love to see is a race between two openly gay candidates who duke it out over economic issues. A total Ayn Rand fanatic vs. a Krugman/Stiglitz/Bonnerite progressive (forgive my ego).
By LiquidPony
Lightman wrote:Dan, you know that Heinlein was a libertarian? Whose arguably most famous novel, Stranger in a Strange Land, included a free love cult where everyone was bisexual as the heroes?

In Dan's defense, he was posting the quote that I use as my signature in response to my accusation that he was breaking the forum rules.

To which I responded ... "touché". :)
By ninurta
N'Djamena wrote:Hmm. Fathers are definitely relevant. Two male parents would be just as good as two female parents.

Gays should be allowed to marry because that's what makes them happy. It's love. <3

True, though when it comes to adoption, there is no problem with gay/lesbian parents adopting, but its whats best for the child is whats really going to matter in who gets the kid.

Godstud wrote:DanDaMan, you are the ONLY person who said fathers are irrelevant so get your facts straight!

Get your facts straight, he didn't say they were irrelevant, he said that fatherless children may grow up thinking fathers are irrelevant. I thought having a father was irrelevant, though now i just think my father himself is irrelevant and a few words not appropriate for these forums.

DanDaMan wrote: I don't recall ever saying I hated lesbians.
I just said they were not the equal of heterosexual parents because they teach a child fathers are irrelevant. They are second best.

you're wasting your breath, he is using that as his nonarguement.
By Godstud
ninurta wrote:Get your facts straight, he didn't say they were irrelevant, he said that fatherless children may grow up thinking fathers are irrelevant. I thought having a father was irrelevant, though now i just think my father himself is irrelevant and a few words not appropriate for these forums.

He changed his stance after a few insults at any fathers in the forum. DanDaMan is incompetent when it comes to having an argument.
There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that lesbian parents will teach a person that fathers are irrelevant, and until you can show me that, you're just blowing smoke up my ass.
By DanDaMan
There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that lesbian parents will teach a person that fathers are irrelevant, and until you can show me that, you're just blowing smoke up my ass.

Infedelis... did you need a father?
By Godstud
I had a father and he was totally relevant.
By your own system of argument DanDaMan, I have made your argument totally irrelevant!

See how I did that?
By ninurta
Godstud wrote:[Get your facts straight, he didn't say they were irrelevant, he said that fatherless children may grow up thinking fathers are irrelevant. I thought having a father was irrelevant, though now i just think my father himself is irrelevant and a few words not appropriate for these forums.]
He changed his stance after a few insults at any fathers in the forum. DanDaMan is incompetent when it comes to having an argument.

Ummm.....yeah, and it was clearly stated what the evidence was in the other thread, and not by me or DaDanMan. And he has yet to change his stance on gay adoption.
By Godstud
This thread isn't about gay adoption, but gay marriage. They are two entirely different things.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]