Self-Defense; Martial Arts - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Huck
I thought that was a damn good post, myself. :up: :up:

Doesn't a mammal concious of its own mortality and possessing a conscience which allows it to relate to its peers bare a greater responsibility to it's mate than a dog or cow, Dave?
By Huntster
I thought that was a damn good post, myself.

So did I, and I'm glad that charolastra has taken on the responsibility to empower herself to be better able to deal with sexual predators.
By Dave
Huck wrote:Doesn't a mammal concious of its own mortality and possessing a conscience which allows it to relate to its peers bare a greater responsibility to it's mate than a dog or cow, Dave?

Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that rape is about sex. Power plays into in that it's pretty hot to force women to have sex. Note that many women have rape fantasies (the reality isn't so good!).
By Dr House
Great post Charo, and I agree. I highly encourage anyone and particularly women to learn self-defense and I've considered making a basket of martial arts disciplines part of the high school curriculum.

Sorry to hear you were raped. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Dave wrote:Self-defense is equally important for men so we can defend ourselves from women trained in self defense when engaging in sexual assaults against them

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pure fucking gold. Probably one of the best jokes you've made here yet.
By Huck
Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that rape is about sex. Power plays into in that it's pretty hot to force women to have sex. Note that many women have rape fantasies (the reality isn't so good!).

I dunno about how hot that is; to each, his or her own. I think the power vs. sex perspective depends totally upon which side of the equation you are.
By Nandi
Dave wrote:Note that many women have rape fantasies (the reality isn't so good!).

Studies have shown that people who believe such a myth, report a way higher use of sexual agression on women. :lol:
By Dave
Trust me dude, chicks have rape fantasies

But recall for women that a fantasy is often not at all a desired reality, it is for instance common for women to fantasize about sex with strangers but they almost never want that, whereas men who fantasize about it would love that

You too are the raper
By charolastra
But recall for women that a fantasy is often not at all a desired reality, it is for instance common for women to fantasize about sex with strangers but they almost never want that, whereas men who fantasize about it would love that

Ehh... I'm not so sure about that. Granted, I've never had a penis but I have had similar discussions with male friends. I highly doubt the vast majority of men who have rape fantasies actually would like to rape women. For instance, one of the men I've dated with the biggest heart also happened to like to fantasize about rape. It absolutely horrified him and made him think he was some potential rapist. I don't think that's true. Taboo and sexuality are so intertwined that I give people of both genders a pass for their fantasies and even roleplaying.
By Zerogouki
Rape is more about power than about sex

Where does this myth come from and why do people keep repeating it?
By Agent Steel
Wow. This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen. So if someone attacks you you're not allowed to defend yourself? Are you saying that you would lay there and allow someone to beat you to death, ZYX??
By Negotiator
Zerogouki wrote: Where does this myth come from and why do people keep repeating it?

If people just wanted sex, they dont need to rape anyone. Even if they cant find a suitable partner who agrees to have sex with them, they could just masturbate. That is not that much worse than actual intercourse with a stranger and without any real emotional envolvement.

Rape however is about having power over another human being, and being able to completely debase them. Most rapist as well as their victims know this very well.

And if you ask who "spreads" this simple truth - thats pretty much everyone who has examined this crime more closely, be it policemen, feminists, or whoever else.
By Agent Steel
Martial arts are different than guns in that very few people get to the level at which they could actually kill a person. The problem with guns is that guns are deadly regardless of who is holding one

The thing that pisses me off is that if you actually DO happen to kill someone with martial arts they can charge you with assault with a deadly weapon. It's fucking bullshit isn't it? So if someone attacks you and you kill them in self-defense, you are charged with murder? What sense does that make? Don't you agree that's a stupid law? By that law what would be the point of even practicing martial arts and trying to become better if you wouldn't even be allowed to use it in real life? I absolutely hate many laws, and that is one of them.
By Godstud
Well, Agent Steel, if you become a ninja you will just have to watch out who you kill with your death-touch. If you do kill someone, at least have the brains to declare yourself incompetent in the martial arts. ;)
By Godstud
Honesty for a ninja? You must be thinking of Samurai. Ninjas are merciless assassins who get close to their prey through disguise, stealth and deception. Honesty and deception don't tend to work well together.

GOTCHA! :lol:
By Agent Steel
Forget ninja...marital artists in general are supposed to be honest, at least that's what I thought.

Anyway the question is why should a non martial artist be discharged from guilt for killing in defense but a martial artist would be charged with a deadly weapon? What sense does that make?

You must hate that law. You must.
By Headache
Forget ninja...marital artists in general are supposed to be honest, at least that's what I thought.

No, they aren't all honest.

[youtube]D3K-mrlYG7Y[/youtube]
By Agent Steel
What is dishonest about him? Let me guess, you think that is all just a joke right? That dude was the UFC heavyweight champion.
By Kasu
I used to take classes in ninpo.. I have membership in genbukan.. I am literally a ninja.

There are female ninjas too.. Kunoichi..
By Headache
What is dishonest about him? Let me guess, you think that is all just a joke right? That dude was the UFC heavyweight champion.

Ya, I know who Bas Rutten is haha. Every other move was a kick/stomp to the balls. That's not a very honourable thing to do in my books. Granted, it's for self defense in a bar fight.

No, I really don't. RACE was in invention of the[…]

This is patently false. They had a notion of &qu[…]

Oh yes, a fake genocide claim to justify the Octob[…]

...Vaccines are bad. ... Vaccines are life-savin[…]