More idiocy from Modern Liberal thinking... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Philby
:?:

Where is the "Modern Liberal Thinking" component in the story?
By DanDaMan
Where is the "Modern Liberal Thinking" component in the story?
That would be the Zero Tolerance.
See, our school systems use Zero Tolerance to teach the student by example not to judge each person individually. (modern Liberalism abhors judgment because it leads to morality based judgment of behaviors like homosexuality and drugs)
This is evident by the schools inability to recognize the difference between a mentally handicapped autistic child and a normal one.

What the public schools want is to create a citizenry of sheeple that have to have elites think and judge for us.
By The Immortal Goon
What the duce? Zero Tolerance is an extension of Mandatory Minimum Sentencing - a conservative mainstay that's supposed to "tough on crime" and stop "activist judges" and the like.
By ThereBeDragons
You can see how the conclusions are quite natural if you operate under the assumption that every stupid thing the government does must have been the fault of Modern Liberals. [[EDIT]] I suppose there is actually a somewhat more natural justification in that it could be a completely retarded extension of the liberal policy of gun control.
By hannigaholic
DDM defines liberalism as anything he disagrees with. Suddenly everything he posts makes sense when you factor that in.
By Quantum
:?:

I thought conservatives are the ones that get all riled up over terrorist threats? Not every silly situation is the fault of "modern liberal" thinking just because you disagree with the action.
By redcarpet
our school systems use Zero Tolerance to teach the student by example not to judge each person individually

No, just don't judge people based on what groups they are in. Be it gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation
By ninurta
Ummm.....Dan.....This is a NeoCon idea the Liberals adopted, it's from where you come from, america's "God and Country" people.
By Nattering Nabob
This thread epitomizes the Sarah Palin/Tea Party wing of the Republican party: a hysterical reaction by people looking for a reason to be hysterical...
By CreamDream
Yes, zero tolerance and the overall hysteria over terrorism is the fault of liberals. It could in no way be tied to neo-conservative dogma and slow corrosion of civil liberties and liberal values in America. No way.

Am I being passive aggressive enough for a liberal yet?
By DanDaMan
Quote:
our school systems use Zero Tolerance to teach the student by example not to judge each person individually

No, just don't judge people based on what groups they are in. Be it gender, ethnicity or sexual orientation
Yet the evidence shows that Modern Liberalism cannot discriminate a mentally handicapped boy from others.
So, no, your idealism is fraught with failure.

My secondary proof is, as can also be seen in your post, the inability do discriminate a controllable sexual behavior from born gender or ethnicity.
By ThereBeDragons
I agree that the thinking used was retarded. You are free to call it "modern liberalism" if you want, the same way I can call the Oklahoma City bomber a "libertarian." However, calling it such won't faze anybody in this thread since 99% of people who are "modern liberal" would disagree, the same way that calling the Oklahoma City bomber libertarian isn't actually a real attack on libertarians.
By DanDaMan
I agree that the thinking used was retarded. You are free to call it "modern liberalism" if you want, the same way I can call the Oklahoma City bomber a "libertarian." However, calling it such won't faze anybody in this thread since 99% of people who are "modern liberal" would disagree, the same way that calling the Oklahoma City bomber libertarian isn't actually a real attack on libertarians.
The futility of my post too modern liberals incapable of objective judgment and discrimination is not lost on me.
By Todd D.
Here's how this usually plays out:
  • DDM finds a news story that he considers dumb.
  • He immediately concludes that since it was dumb, it must have been done by "liberals"
  • He then formulates a theory trying to piece together how the liberal ideology has justified such a dumb action

It doesn't really matter if the action in question is "liberal", which in this case it really isn't. All that matters is that it was stupid, which under his definition MAKES it liberal.
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote:Yet the evidence shows that Modern Liberalism cannot discriminate a mentally handicapped boy from others.

And what clear difference is there between a mentally handicapped person and a regular person?

My secondary proof is, as can also be seen in your post, the inability do discriminate a controllable sexual behavior from born gender or ethnicity.

So what sexual behavior is uncontrollable?

Gender isn't a black and white issue, it's a very complicated matter. As for ethnicity, you're right I can't discriminate based on that, I see all ethnicities and I see human. Though it's more a matter of not caring what their race is, and less to do with not being able to see it.
By DanDaMan
DanDaMan wrote:
Yet the evidence shows that Modern Liberalism cannot discriminate a mentally handicapped boy from others.
And what clear difference is there between a mentally handicapped person and a regular person?
After much head shaking in disbelief I can only reply with "Your problem is obvious".

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM[…]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]