U.S. Vetoes U.N. Condemnation of Israel - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
Sure it did...it condemned the Zionist terrorists who build the wall...

[MB Edit: No surpise this is getting editied]
By GandalfTheGrey
US Vetoed it because it didnt comdemed the terrorists.

Do you really believe this? Oh right, so you're telling me that if the UN called the US's bluff and included a paragraph condemning Palestinian terrorists, they would have voted for it? Come off it, the US (correct me if I'm wrong) has not once voted in favour of a UN resolution condemning Israeli attrocities. They have either vetoed them or abstained. The issue is the apartheid wall, not the terrorists. I promise you the wall does absolutely nothing to stop terrorism. This is just another excuse to veto yet another resolution against Israel.
By ihavenoname
Yes- but under what authority does the UN have to tell Israel what it can and cannot do?

It is my understanding that The US asked syria (who sponsored the bill) to add in an article SPECIFICALLY condemning attacks against Israeli citizens and critisizing suicide bombings. Syria went ahead without the changes and was promptly vetoed- Dont you see gandalf- The arab countries use the UN as a tool for no other reason than to make Israel look bad. Go look at the Resolutions that israel has "broken".

I have yet to find one single resolution even critisizing the practice of homicide bombing.
By naked_turk
maybe because suicide bombers do not belong to an organization with a UN membership? Ever think of that?
By MB.
All the same, the actions still need to be looked at- if not by the UN, then whom?
By GandalfTheGrey
Alright, enoughs enough. Time to squash these little myths floating around

Resolution 1397 (2002)
"1. Demands immediate cessation of all acts of violence, including all acts of terror, provocation, incitement and destruction;

Resolution 1435 (2002)
Condemning all terrorist attacks against any civilians, including the terrorist bombings in Israel on 18 and 19 September 2002 and in a Palestinian school in Hebron on 17 September 2002,

4. Calls on the Palestinian Authority to meet its expressed commitment to ensure that those responsible for terrorist acts are brought to justice by it;

Resolution 1402 (2002)
Expressing its grave concern at the further deterioration of the situation, including the recent suicide bombings in Israel and the military attack against the headquarters of the president of the Palestinian Authority,

1. Calls upon both parties to move immediately to a meaningful cease-fire; calls for the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Palestinian cities, including Ramallah; and calls upon the parties to cooperate fully with Special Envoy Zinni, and others, to implement the Tenet security work plan as a first step towards implementation of the Mitchell Committee recommendations, with the aim of resuming negotiations on a political settlement;

2. Reiterates its demand in resolution 1397 (2002) of 12 March 2002 for an immediate cessation of all acts of violence, including all acts of terror, provocation, incitement and destruction;

Resolution 1397 (2002)
"1. Demands immediate cessation of all acts of violence, including all acts of terror, provocation, incitement and destruction;

Resolution 1391 (2002)
9. Condemns all acts of violence, expresses great concern about the serious breaches in the air, sea and land violations of the withdrawal line, and urges the parties to put an end to these violations and to respect the safety of the UNIFIL personnel;

Shall I keep going?

They are all there for everyone to see:
http://domino.un.org/UNISPAL.NSF/vCounc ... Expand=2#2
By Efrem Da King
Compared to the over 50 aimed at israel. Just to put it in perspective for you.
By GandalfTheGrey
Efrem, I could have kept going, these are only the most recent. The point is, every resolution I've seen condemning Israel, also condemns Palestinian terrorism.

I will gladly double down on th[a]t. So after sa[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]