Saudi Royal family in the Control of Nuclear Weapons? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Simon Ostap
Just like you guys built thousands of them to detur Russia, in other words piss them off?

Nuclear weapons are not useful in agitating people, just scaring them. If everyone had a nuclear weapon you'd see a lot less fighting and conflict in the world... actually with how jumpy people are, you'd probably see a lot less of everything.

Can't remember my source on this, you can disregard it if you like, but doesn't Israel have nuclear weapons of it's own? In fact, aren't some of the U.S. weapons housed in Israel?

Sorry if it's just a bunch of claptrap crap, just things I've heard.

Why should you care about one anyways, you're sitting on top of about 10 000 of em in your country, and that pisses a lot of people off.
By Nox
Simon Ostap wrote: In fact, aren't some of the U.S. weapons housed in Israel?

Until today, I have never heard that. My gut feeling is I doubt it. I do not know of any US military facility in Israel. The only US 'territory' in Israel is the US Embassy and I severely doubt that ANY US Ambassador anywhere in the world would consent to housing a nuke in his house.

If you look at US law concerning deployment of Nuclear Weapons, especially after the case in the middle 60's where it was discovered that some major in Germany had authority to launch a nuke, I cannot conceive of any scenario where a US nuke could be compromised like that.

Nox
By Steven_K
Although Isreal definetly has a nuclear arsinel, I don't think American weapons are housed there. Why would they? Does America not have nuclear capabilities in the Middle East. All it would be is a set-up for a very, very big scandal.
By bach
All of you are way lost, because what the Saudis are doing is Black mailing the US, so that we dont say or do anything against their evil regime, they are basically saying.

"U Can't Touch This" fuck up somewhere else
By CasX
So, let me guess, Israel has nuclear weapons to protect themselves, while Saudi Arabia wants to gain nuclear weapons to "piss off Israel".

Am I missing something here?
By The American Lion
CasX wrote:So, let me guess, Israel has nuclear weapons to protect themselves, while Saudi Arabia wants to gain nuclear weapons to "piss off Israel".

Am I missing something here?

No, because Israel will hate the idea an Arabian nation with a nuke that hates Israel!
By CasX
Like the Arab nations probably hate the fact that the one state they are most at odds with is nuclear armed.

Ah, the sheer idiocy that is the circle of violence.
By Nox
CasX wrote:Ah, the sheer idiocy that is the circle of violence.

While I agree with the sentiment ... it is reality.

Nox
By Comrade Ogilvy
This is, in my mind, a response to the inevitable 'regime change' that will take place in the kingdom, backed by the US, after democracy has gained a foothold in Iraq.
By ItsMe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Just like you guys built thousands of them to detur Russia, in other words piss them off?"

Dude come on...laugh... you sound like the cold war was a one sided thing...
Russia had more nukes then America during the cold war, Russia also built bigger warheads. If three of these "bigger" warheads Russia created were dropped at once they were big enough to destroy the world as we know it.

This is what worries me though with the Middle East at the moment....The cold war was basically an arms race on the surface which caused allot of instability and conflict. If these small countries start trying to get their hands on nukes it will cause more of their nieboring countries to purchase nukes as well.

Almost like North Korea and their nuclear program are causing countries such as Japan and south Korea to reconsider their anti nukes policy. More countries with nukes especially third world countries can not be a good thing at all...it could lead to Armageddon type outcome.

I also believe Israel won’t stand by and let these sworn enemies gain nuclear technology.

And last report stated Israel had 200 nukes im sure sold to them by America...but I don’t disagree with this at all.
By bach
The Saudis have two options

1 Build themselves a bomb,

which would take them a very long time, since the only thing they are capable of doing is waste money

2 Buy the bomb from someone else,

The most reasonable since they have enough money to buy pretty much anything they want.

Now, the Saudis know that neither Israel or the US would ever attack them, simply because boh need them, they are just playing hardball.

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]