Interview with Saddam - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Proctor
Having just seen the interview that everyone is talking about, I must say that I have a new found respect for Saddam Hussein. I thought he conducted himself very well, and agreed on EVERY point he made, except for his refusal to destroy the Al-Samoud 2 missiles, but, I understand his decision.

But onto the subject on everyone's lips. His proposal to have a live televised debate with President Bush via satellite. At its very least, it is a very smart and cunning move. But I think it is more, it is a strong gesture of progress. The White House refused immediately, which will further tarnish their image. While unorthodox, I think it is an excellent idea, so that people can make up their own minds having seen evidence from both points of view.
By Russian
yeah Sadam is generally an all around good guy. :roll:
By Jesse
Its a situation of deciding on who is the lesser of two evils, as sadly we're not able to rid ourselves of both :/
By The_Communist_Threat
The White House refused immediately, which will further tarnish their image.

Their image will never be tarnished to those who are born in the states...the government here is very good at lying and deceiving the public..if there weren't, then this empire would cease to exist, i suppose...
By Jesse
The White House's image can't be much further tarnished.

I remember the words of the immortal Dave Barry:

"Ways to Know if a Multiple Choice Question is False"

1. The question includes the words "this is untrue"
2. The question includes the words "this is a lie"
3. The question includes the words "according to a White House official"

:lol:
By Wilhelm
Could somebody please give me a link or something to that interview?

I just read a few satires by Juvenal, and I still[…]

@Potemkin nails it. You're a smart dude, Potemk[…]

It seems from this quote that you are itching to […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. The […]