Ethiopian troops 'cross border into Somalia' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Ethiopian troops have crossed the border into Somalia in significant numbers, eyewitnesses say.

They say they saw at least 20 vehicles carrying Ethiopian troops.

A few hundred soldiers were seen in Gurel town in Galgudud region and there were other sightings around Beledweyne.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15807215

An independent incursion? or a US instigated invasion? seems like more mayhem and chaos for Somalis and disintegration of what little stability there was in Somalia.
These operations obviously have to be jointly coordinated between Kenya and Ethiopia if there is to be any chance of long lasting success.

The only new development I have heard recently is the Kenyan government requesting augmented U.S. assistance. Quite predictable. I'm not particularly opposed to any of this, but I'd rather the U.S. simply throw its lot in fast and hard rather than play the usual cat and mouse.

What does the invisible hand wind up doing I wond[…]

Are you having fun yet Potemkin? :lol: How coul[…]

I think she’s going to be a great president for Me[…]

The fact that you're a genocide denier is pretty […]