Economic recovery faster than expected - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
The Economist wrote:Image

Africa's economy
Africa rising
Economic recovery is coming to Africa faster than many had expected
Mar 12th 2010 | From The Economist online

THE global recession was slow to reach Africa, but the continent did suffer from dampened demand for its commodities exports and from shrunken venture-capital funds. Economies of countries south of the Sahara together grew by less than 2% in 2009. But recovery is coming sooner than expected. Sub-Saharan Africa's economy is forecast to grow overall by 4.5% this year, in part because of the economic recovery in Asia. This is still slower than the 6% that many development economists reckon is the minimum to enable countries with rapidly increasing populations just to stand still.

Amidst recent troubles in Nigeria this sign of hope may come as good news to Africa in a time of insecurity.
By valken09
I've read an article last week on Times or Newsweek magazine about a particular African country being the next China. Not sure what African state though. Seems like developing countries especially 2nd world ones are the least unaffected by recession.

so upset at me for not wanting white people to n[…]

Note that my argument does not centre around not[…]

In order for me to believe someone is being sarca[…]

This morning, International Criminal Court Prosec[…]