How much killing and damage will Gaddafi do till he goes? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
People lives mean nothing to him. 300 people have been killed in the anti-government protests in Libya.
He also ordered his security forces to blow up oil facilities, cutting of flows to Mediterranean ports.
All the world turns against him. He doesn't care.
What kind of a person is that?
By SecretSquirrel
Are you fuckin serious, he's killed 300 people already? I haven't been paying attention to Libya and I had no idea it had gotten that bad.
By Igor Antunov
He's old, this is his last hurrah. He's not gonna go down meekly. By giving up he loses everything anyway, and gains nothing. By staying at least he can punish his enemies, so his thinking no doubt goes.
By Potemkin
He's old, this is his last hurrah. He's not gonna go down meekly. By giving up he loses everything anyway, and gains nothing. By staying at least he can punish his enemies, so his thinking no doubt goes.

He is also a narcissist and a showman. I think he wants to go out with a bang rather than a whimper, to put on a good show on the world stage.
By Kman
Gaddafi is absolutely insane in the head and it wouldnt surprise me if he had 10.000+ people killed in order to supress this uprising, he has what it takes to be a mass murderer.
By Negotiator
Lets just hope someone hurries with making him the "martyr" he wants to be.

That way everyone gets what they want.

P.s.: And no, I'm absolutely against the death penalty, but this here is a question about how many people have to die.
By normalamerican
haha, the conundrum of the anti-DP wonk. No DP for Khadafi after 100K wiped out ? Let's just get him into a jail where we can give him his rights, a soapbox to continue preaching from, a cadre of lawyers, his favorite food and wine, and so on.
By Ter
Yeah, old Muammar is not a pussy that runs away when there is some action.
When the going gets tough, Muammar gets going !

He's a crazy old goat but he's got what it takes !

Ter
By Igor Antunov
Except the majority are being killed on the ground in urban areas where civilian/militiaman and soldier are intertwined in a mess of violence. So unless you want occupation and troops on the ground, you can't stop it. Who in their right mind wants to participate in this mess? What will they get in return? A potentially hostile populace and future blame for the state the country is in?

Perhaps UN peacekeeprs, but it would probably just divide the country for a long time and prolong the conflict. Best to just either kill gaddafi from the air (i suspect thats harder than it sounds since he has pilots turning sides left and right so he's covered that possibility) or let things sort themselves out.

I say let the civil war play out. He's already lost all of east libya and is now struggling to maintain control of tripoli, most of the cities in the west ar no longer under his control either.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]

Trump still has sentencing. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM […]

So yeah...just read them and you will see the sa[…]

Great news for Mexico! Congratulations, @Tainari8[…]