Satire for September 2010 - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By sans-culotte
I'm under the impression that sans-culotte is making those. Making me think that he's a thirteen-year-old American.

No way would a 13 year old appreciate these subtle parodies. Also, don't me americentric. I actually take most cartoons from fffuuu.ru and translate them.
By Zyx
Where are you from?

I figured that because Bramlow and Potemkin* were so unfunny that you had to be British, but I noticed that your humour wasn't that bad so I'm figuring that you might be from somewhere else.

I said thirteen because only thirteen-year-olds follow 4chan. The theme song of that website is "We're the kids in America."

[youtube]iWtyWjhbhSA[/youtube]

Looking at that video, the movie looks a lot like 4chan (like that villain looks like the "Shootin' my lazer" person). And, even weirder, the song playing for this AMV was actually played in the movie.

*Teasing, Potemkin can do humour pretty well.
By sans-culotte
I am from the Soviet Union. I generally dislike British humour but it can be good sometimes. It just overdoes on the sarcasm, depreciation and detachment.
And I always avoided 4chan :|
By Potemkin
I generally dislike British humour but it can be good sometimes. It just overdoes on the sarcasm, depreciation and detachment.

Hey, we're British; we can't help it. Just as the French can't help being condescending, arrogant and snotty, the British can't help being cynical, self-deprecating and detached. :)
By Doomhammer
lol

British humour is superior.

[youtube]p73pt4adwmk[/youtube]

Well, a clip from Yes Minister, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers or the Flying Circus etc. would have been more appropriate? Oh well.
By Nets
Fawlty Towers

Speaking of Fawlty Towers:
[youtube]7xnNhzgcWTk[/youtube]
"Don't mention the war!"

I had a moment like this the other night. I was out to dinner with a few people (one of the German), and I raised my glass to him and said "cheers". He looked confused and said "uh, why". I said "Oh, congratulations, WWI officially ends on Sunday...Germany makes its last payment to the Allies." He looked mortified. Oh well.
By amjdmg
By Oxymoron
Seriously that is retarded.
By Ombrageux
It is very good, the only inaccuracy is that it doesn't show the White guy in the final panel outsourcing the Black guy's job, cutting his welfare, depriving him of healthcare and putting him in jail for a drug-use (probably pot, which is used as much by Whites as Blacks, but which Blacks are prosecuted for five times more).
By Oxymoron
1. Slavery was not the only thing that led to American power

2. I think this so called hand up (projects,Food stamps, Bad public schools) caused more problems then it solved. Hand ups are not always good , sometimes a kick in the ass works bettr.
By Melodramatic
amjdmg wrote:Image

I also disagree with the method of the "hand up", fixing policy with policy is counter productive in my opinion, but that's a very nice strip. Simple, precise and effective :up:
By QatzelOk
Oxy wrote:1. Slavery was not the only thing that led to American power

:lol:
By Zyx

This would be better represented if there was water floating up below the ledge, but the water had riches floating up, too.

Oxymoron wrote:Hand ups are not always good , sometimes a kick in the ass works bettr.

See, this is 'perhaps' but it depends on what one believes are the intentions at the end of the race relations.

If the powers that be really wished to excel the Blacks, why would Ombrageux's writing be?

Ombrageux wrote:in the final panel outsourcing the Black guy's job, cutting his welfare, depriving him of healthcare and putting him in jail for a drug-use (probably pot, which is used as much by Whites as Blacks, but which Blacks are prosecuted for five times more).

When I read Erik Olin Wright discuss the underclass and how the inner city youth are bound for genocide (page 11, first paragraph), I thought it insightful but didn't think too much about it.

Then I read that near a century ago, Marcus Mossiah Garvey expressed the same fate for Africans in America, that the Europeans in America would open their doors for other Europeans and eventually relegate the Africans as, in the eyes of labour, useless, causing them to be genocided in this American continent, I realized maybe there is a naivety into thinking the European Agenda is for an African presence in America.

Ha, someone had told me to turn on "Like it is" which may be a Black New York television show. One lady just informed the audience that a rapper had made a song called "I am not a human" and I just youtubed it, Lil' Wayne quite naturally. Nevertheless, her assessment of it was on its relation to slavery and how Blacks were dehumanized and the slaves eventually internalized this dehumanization. Now, I don't know how the song goes, the TV show is still on, but maybe I'll listen to a bit of it, the name it self seems awful. But that's what's supported in America.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Conflict is not inevitable when a diaspora returns[…]

I am not going to debate someone else’s perception[…]

- "USA was never a white country!" Th[…]

No one wins. Of course the best die in wars. A[…]