Satire for December 2010 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Stormsmith
That cartoon was published before the white house announced it had struck the tax/UI deal.

I think the writer was chiding the GOP for wanting to give the wealthy another wacking great tax break that will cost the rest of you $700,000,000,000. They were opposed to giving the unemployed, or to put it GOP-speak, the great unwashed masses, an extension of UI benefits, which might compromise their mortgages etc. PS, if they default to welfare, you'll pay that too.

As Gary Trudeau once wrote, "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, but what the heck, they're used to it"
By MB.
Yah the McCain partisan defense of DADT is embarrassing. Who does he think he's fooling?
By Thunderhawk
By MB.
That cartoonist (JJ McCullough) was at SFU when I was doing my undergrad. I wish I had killed him because his comics are not amusing. He would write these unbelievably ill-informed and reactionary articles for the student newspaper as well let me find one...

For example:

Give Scientologists a break By J.J. McCullough, Opinions Editor

Here is a nice response explaining how much JJ sucked and how much he was hated by the student body for being a shithead assclown:

Opinions editor needs to practice what he preaches By Timothy Schaefer

To give him a tiny bit of credit his satires of the student council elections were alright, but who cares: in short, he is not funny, has never been, and the man is an asshole.
By FallenRaptor
In Latest Compromise with GOP, Obama Agrees He is a Muslim
Place of Birth ‘Negotiable,’ President Says

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – In his latest effort to find common ground with Republicans in Congress, President Barack Obama said today that he was willing to agree that he is a Muslim.

Differences over his religious orientation have been a sore point between the President and his Republican foes for the past two years, but in agreeing that he is a Muslim Mr. Obama is sending a clear signal that he is trying to find consensus.

“The American people do not want to see us fighting in Washington,” Mr. Obama told reporters at the White House. “They want to see us working together to improve their lives, and Allah willing, we will.”

But Mr. Obama’s willingness to back down on his claim of being a Christian does not seem to have satisfied his Republican opposition, as GOP leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) today insisted that the President must also agree that he was born in Kenya.

While Mr. Obama did not immediately agree to Rep. Bohener’s demand, he hinted that yet another compromise might be in the offing: “My place of birth has been, and will always be, negotiable.”

White House sources indicated today that the President might be willing to meet the GOP halfway on his birthplace and say that he was born in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Elsewhere, moments after his capture in London, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said, “I knew I shouldn’t have signed up for Foursquare.”

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2010/12/0 ... -a-muslim/
By amjdmg
By JohnRawls
The true face of batman.

By Thunderhawk
By Ombrageux
MB - I like a lot of JJ's cartoons. He is not a knee-jerk conservative, but he's usually not a particularly well-informed one either, as the rebuttal you sent points out.
By Zyx
[youtube]Jlk3unMfA6w[/youtube]

I should admit that this President was too funny.

What a bizarre eight years.

I just realized that "Bush Baby" can be an offensive term. :hmm:
By MB.
Golden oldies but this and the Imagine remix are by far the best speeches by the former President:

[youtube]PXnO_FxmHes[/youtube]
By Cookie Monster

Why do you accuse me of double standards? I wrote[…]

Wasn't that the Chinese? The history of firearms[…]

Women are by their nature not made for warfare for[…]

Still the demage was high: https://youtu.be/xirqc[…]