Satire Week Beginning 04/04/05 - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By Andres
Last edited by Andres on 09 Apr 2005 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
By Smith 2.0
Is that Kool aid or blood?

It's meant to be blood, a popular caricature of Michael Howard that satirists use here, is as a vampire. Tory election posters actually read 'Are you thinking what we're thinking? Vote Conservative', hence the pun.

I've never understood the whole thing with Kool aid, btw? We don't get it over here.
By | I, CWAS |
I've never understood the whole thing with Kool aid, btw? We don't get it over here.

It is a popular cheap drink over here, it is just essentially a powdered substinces when mixed with mater it produces a nice tasty cheap drink. HOwever the term drink the kool-aid comes from the largest cul suicide in history-Jonestown, where the revered Jim Jones had all of his followers drink cyanide laced kool aid.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial4/jonestown/

By Smith 2.0
Ah.... suddenly part of Family Guy episode suddenly makes more sense! I love it when that happens. 8)
By Ombrageux
The before last one is rubbish.
By | I, CWAS |
How so? I say both parties are equal on the issue. And that is not a positive endorsement of the scumbag parties
Last edited by | I, CWAS | on 09 Apr 2005 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
By Mac
Martin Rowson on the death of Pope John Paul II

By bradley
Imagei'd never thought of that imagery but it's a fantastic way to portray an all too common tactic in US politics; my centre-left tendencies mean the Republican uses of it stick in my mind (such as linking Kerry with Al Q'aeda during the election) but I'm sure others could find plenty of examples of American patriotism being pushed to the verge of nationalism and then linked to a 50/50 issue to justify being pro- it
By Lord_Tito

For once i agree with you TAL.
By Ombrageux
Cox and Forkum are principled, I like some of their cartoons.

But every Israel/Palestine cartoon is trash.

I don't suppose the creation of new settlements, in disregard of the roadmap, is encouraging terrorism? Just a little bit.

No. They were in a public area open to the public[…]

You can go and confront the group doing the White[…]

@Verv , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin , @Godstud […]

bad news for Moscow impelrism , Welcome home […]