'Centrist' is a Lacking Term - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By polar
Hi there everyone. I generally define myself as a 'centrist' (U.S context) because I side with the Dems and GOP on certain issues while disagreeing with both on other issues. Perhaps there is a label out there adequate to describe my beliefs, although I'm almost certain 'Liberal' and 'Conservative' are both lacking, and I'm nowhere near any fringe ideology like anarchism, Fascism or Communism.

ECONOMIC ISSUES:

- Market-based, core aspect is the profit-system
- Economy that utilizes a worldclass infrastructural system of railways, telecommunications and roads funded by the government/private partnerships
- Regulation in the banking and finance industry is necessary
- Negative income tax to replace current general welfare system (payments to elderly/disabled remain intact)
- Reduce the military size as it stands currently, invest in STEM programs and education heavily as Americans are falling behind the rest of the developed world
- Universal healthcare
- Free trade
- Government must be run using the latest and best science available, which ties back into STEM program-funding
- Reduce taxes on the middle class, increase capital gains tax, encourage entrepreneurship and small business by offering incentives like low taxes

SOCIAL VIEWS:

- Immigration of skilled workers encouraged
- Anti-illegal immigration, anti-amnesty
- Cannabis regulated and taxed by the state
- Hard drugs decriminalized (dealers remain criminals), increase REHAB centers and treat addiction as mental illness
- Tertiary education subsidized
- Heavy funding of state education in an attempt to improve our mediocre results
- Minimum wage hiked incrementally (gradually) to $12.00 and then tied to inflation
- Indifferent to issues such as abortion/gay marriage, leave it up to individual state votes
- National security is important and intelligence on enemies is crucial

FOREIGN POLICY:

- Neorealism
- U.S should focus on improving relations with rogue states
- Strengthen ties with liberal democracies, put political pressure on illberal democracies
- Remove most military bases overseas, however keep some for strategic reasons
- Decrease foreign aid, however keep it flowing towards countries making an effort to institute peace and democracy
- Neutral stance towards Israel
- Wary of Russia
- Strengthen relations with China
- Aim to disarm Iran, then try and create positive relations

ENERGY:

- State-investment in renewable sources
- Offer tax reductions to businesses going green
- Government must aim to be run using only renewable, efficient sources
Sorry, but centrism does sound like a good label. If you want to be more specific, perhaps Third Way applies, though that term is no longer widely used.

You simply assume No. You said, "Jews are[…]

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]