Ideological update - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By AFAIK
Heisenberg wrote:This is where I have a problem. The traditional method of punishment is not perfect. However, if it is to be replaced, the system that replaces it should have clearly-defined, measurable aims. Something like "rehabilitation" is very hard to define, and putting too much faith in psychology (a very subjective discipline) doesn't meet those criteria.

What do you mean by 'traditional method of punishment'? Imprisoning convicts is a very recent development and has only been done for a couple of centuries. A lot of violent crime occurs within prison so it could be argued that prison is a method of segregating crime as much as punishing criminals.

-----------------------------------

Mike, since you're doing a Q&A; what is your opinion on GMOs?
By mikema63
Their perfectly safe, but as a scientist I'm very knowledgeble of their possible effects, creations, and (lack of) hazards.

I do not begrudge those who do not understand GMO's the right to know what's in their food however.
By Heisenberg
AFAIK wrote:What do you mean by 'traditional method of punishment'?

I mean that traditionally, the response to crime has been punishment of the criminal.
By slybaldguy
mikema63 wrote:Their perfectly safe, but as a scientist I'm very knowledgeble of their possible effects, creations, and (lack of) hazards.

You're not a scientist until you've had something published in a scientific journal.
By mikema63
It's a mix of both, most of your basic traits are inborn an inform the way you interpreted various experiences.

Basically your born with a foundation of a set shape on which experience builds.
By AFAIK
So would you attempt to identify and segregate psychopaths from wider society or would you attempt to design a socio-political-economy that doesn't promote psychopathic behaviour?

I read that the rate of psychopathy amongst CEOs and other leaders is 3 times the national average. (3% vs 1%)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Why Israel is Stuck Three concepts of Western […]

And now there is this development . https://www[…]

@FiveofSwords Tajima's D numbers High (D>+[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

I wouldn't say that Chinese economy is doing good[…]