Marijuana Use Kills Man - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By | I, CWAS |
Interesting enough I didn't see the story on NORML or the other pro-marijuana, anti-cocaine advocacy group pages.

CANNABIS abuse led to the death of a popular sales manager, an inquest heard.

Paul Dumville, known as Paul Kite, of Pound Hill, died after collapsing during a night out in London on May 26.

The 23-year-old had been complaining of headaches for more than a month and on the night he died he had left a nightclub to get some air. Friends found him collapsed on the floor suffering from a fit.

His father Neil Stovell and Paul's girlfriend Emily Lewis listened as Dr Colin Hunter-Craig described to the inquest on Thursday afternoon the cause of death.

He said: "He died of a brain haemorrhage due to cannabis abuse.

"He was a fit and healthy 23-year-old with no hardening of the arteries of the brain.

"In the back of the brain he had a haemorrhage which caused swelling of the brain, but there was no sign of any defects there.

"The cause of death was a haemorrhage due to cannabis abuse.

"We don't understand why it causes this, it just does. It takes about a month for THC (the psychoactive ingredient of cannabis) to build up in that part of the body.

Source
By anon
There are many variable factors that haven't been addressed: did he have anything other than cannabis to smoke or drink that night? what was the mans past medical history? how was the cannabis consumed?, etc, etc.
By Squidyak
I seriously doubt this article. I have never in my life heard of pot directly causing a death. If it did you can pretty much guarentee that the anti-pot crowd would make sure everyone heard about it.
By anon
"This is incredibly rare in young people,but in old people we would recognise this as a stroke."

Uh huh.

In another article the coroner said: "This may not have been a natural cause but I'm not prepared to say that it was definitely due to cannabis."

His father said about him: "He was suffering headaches a lot and we don't know if he went to the doctor about them."

Of course my source is from a pro-marijuana site. http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/can ... ar_old_man
;)
By Avatan
This is just sad.

People ignore reality becuase it suits them.

I notice there is one article about a guy who may or may not have died from marijuana use... and millions detailing dealths from alcohol abuse, gun violence, spousal abuse, racial intolerance, cocaine and heroin consumption and war.

Go figure... weed is the one thing the Conservatives can take on and win based on misinformation alone.
By chearn73
You seem to be pretty anti marijuana...yet it seems to me that more people die from bullet holes through their torso, and yet you are against all gun laws? Whatever.

You're rants about liberals and how they take away peoples freedom become more laughable went you go on about marijuana. If you truly were about liberty, you would be for the decriminalization or legalization of marijuana.
On Self Interest

@Wellsy But if we were to define "moral […]

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]